PDA

View Full Version : newie

mad4teles
December 7th, 2006, 04:56 AM
hi to everyone on the board . i'm new here i'm from lancashire england
my favorite guitars have got to be telecasters as my board name suggests
i have a squire fat tele with a custom stacked single coil at the bridge, a tele copy make unknown which i use for moments of stress( i.e i hammer the cr*p out of it) and pride and joy is my 74 blonde tele maple finger board wonderful guitar my other guitars are a brian may red special by burns, a strat copy and three ovation acoustics. my amp is a marshall dfx 100 and i also play the mandolin . my musical interest range from jerry reed , jerry donnahue and chet to status quo queen and greenday so quite varied really i'm 37 yrs old and have been playing guitar for about 30 yrs but i'm still cr*p but i am learning all the time trying different styles at the moment i am trying to learn to play like tommy emmanuel but to no avail really ......i'll get there eventually one day .....before i die so there you have it ......hello:) :)

duhvoodooman
December 7th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Wow, cool collection of gear there! I'll bet that '74 Tele is a sweet lil' thang! Welcome to TheFret!

warren0728
December 7th, 2006, 05:43 AM
welcome mad...from a fellow tele lover....i think you will like it here...

would love to see pics of that '74 blonde!!

ww

ted s
December 7th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Hi Mad4, welcome to the zoo !

Lev
December 7th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Welcome, looking forward to hearing those Tele's in the cyber Jams :)

Robert
December 7th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the animal farm! We all love teles here!

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Oi mate! Welcome. I'd love to see pics of the Brian May Red Special!

sunvalleylaw
December 7th, 2006, 09:46 AM
hi to everyone on the board . i'm new here i'm from lancashire england
my favorite guitars have got to be telecasters as my board name suggests
i have a squire fat tele with a custom stacked single coil at the bridge, a tele copy make unknown which i use for moments of stress( i.e i hammer the cr*p out of it) and pride and joy is my 74 blonde tele maple finger board wonderful guitar my other guitars are a brian may red special by burns, a strat copy and three ovation acoustics. my amp is a marshall dfx 100 and i also play the mandolin . my musical interest range from jerry reed , jerry donnahue and chet to status quo queen and greenday so quite varied really i'm 37 yrs old and have been playing guitar for about 30 yrs but i'm still cr*p but i am learning all the time trying different styles at the moment i am trying to learn to play like tommy emmanuel but to no avail really ......i'll get there eventually one day .....before i die so there you have it ......hello:) :)

Welcome. I am a 40 something beginner and am learning lots here. Welcome to the party!

Spudman
December 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Welcome Mad4.
Burns. ooo ah. I'd love to see it too.
Dig in and let us know if we can do anything for you. I forgot to mention...we are having the fret.net picnic at your place this year.:eek: :D

oldguy
December 7th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Mandolin? Do you also play violin? Or as we in the midwest say, "fiddle"?
I can't count the mandolin players who are asked this. "They're tuned the same, aren't they?" is the standard question.
Yes, but have you ever tried switching from a 12 string guitar to a six, and then playing it with a bow?:D :R :DR
Welcome to the Fret.
And... there is no known cure for G.A.S.
Glenn

ted s
December 7th, 2006, 05:16 PM
the fret.net picnic at your place this year.:eek: :D

Cool, my wife wants to go to England, can we crash at your place MAd4 ?

mad4teles
December 8th, 2006, 07:43 AM
hey thanks for the welcome as you can see i have now added an avatar which is my 74 tele when i get round to it i'll add the red special. thanks once again

Tim
December 8th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Welcome M4T. My wife loves the mandolin. I wish I knew how to play one. Maybe we can hear it through the cyber link the other Fretters are using. You will enjoy ther Fret Net.