PDA

View Full Version : *NGSD* New guitar stand day

FrankenFretter
February 25th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I finally checked out our new Guitar Center today. It's pretty typical, although the guitars haven't had a chance to get to many goobers on them yet, and the employees aren't completely burned out and bitter at this point. I played one guitar, a Martin acoustic. Mostly I just looked around, but I did have a purchase in mind before I got there; a multi-guitar rack to save some space. They had the seven-space rack I was looking for, but wanted $15 more than Musician's Friend, which is strange considering it's the same company. I showed them the online price (thank you Red Laser!), and after getting the poor cashier a bit flustered trying to locate the ad on her computer, she finally found it. Way to go, champ!

Assembly was simple, and it feels like it's sturdy enough that I won't have to worry about a collapse or anything. It's the Proline brand, which I think is the Musician's Friend/Guitar Center house brand for those things. It really does save space over the other racks I've been using, which is nice.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6927740951_64a41c0ba1_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54283110@N06/6927740951/)

Not quite enough rack space for all of my ladies, but close. It's also easier access to the guitars than regular guitar stands. I'm really happy with it!

Eric
February 25th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Cool. Those seem to be the way to go for multi-guitar storage. HNGSD!

deeaa
February 25th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I have a 5-guitar one just like that in my livingroom. Enough for me; always have a few at the ready in basement studio anyway, and keep a few in their cases at the training facility as well. Anyway those are indeed the best ones for several guitars imo.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Tig
February 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I want a 7 guitar one, since I have 5 guitars and the empty spots will need to be filled! :socool

markb
February 25th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I've only got 3 guitars and it's too tall for my ukulele :)

FrankenFretter
February 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
They do make a 3, a 5 and the 7 place stand. I bought the 7 because they didn't have anything bigger. I guess somewhere down the road I may buy a 5-space to fill up as well.

Ch0jin
February 27th, 2012, 02:46 AM
That looks pretty awesome. Sure does pack them in there, I'd be lucky to fit two guitars in the same space with my stands. I never noticed you got a red Bender! That looks sweet too :)

Just wanted to point out also that there's a nude, ahem, amph, in the background ;)

Eric
February 27th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Just wanted to point out also that there's a nude, ahem, amph, in the background ;)
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I'm guessing Vox Night Train.

FrankenFretter
February 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM
That looks pretty awesome. Sure does pack them in there, I'd be lucky to fit two guitars in the same space with my stands. I never noticed you got a red Bender! That looks sweet too :)

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I'm guessing Vox Night Train.

Indeed, it is the Night Train. When I changed the power tubes a while back, I kind of liked the way it looked without the chrome cover on it. Since it stays in one room all the time, I can do that. I'll probably put it back on eventually, just for safety's sake.