PDA

View Full Version : Wedgie rubber picks

tjcurtin1
February 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Anyone run across these? I picked some up out of curiosity - got the 3.1mm 'hard' pick, but if this is hard i can't imagine what the soft is like! A soft, thick, very bendable rubber. They are supposed to sound like your finger but play like a pick. They do have a very soft sound - absolutely no pick noise - that could be great for jazz style playing. They rather grab the strings, so I think that high speed picking would be difficult. Cheap to try - 1.50 for 3 at Amazon with free shipping if you happen to need something to fill out an order. Yes, that is the name 'Wedgie' picks...

Zip
February 27th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I was given some 5.0mm (Med.) Wedgies a few months back. I've used them on acoustic and bass. Meh. Interesting idea, I guess.

deeaa
February 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I understand rubber and even felt picks are sometimes used by bass players, seldom guitars but I guess they are too.

Wedgies are nice picks IMO; I'd still be using them if they sold them locally, I like the coarse, shaped recess for thumb on them.

Zip
February 28th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Dee, if you want some give me an addy and what kind (thickness) you want. I'll mail you some. :)

deeaa
February 28th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks Zip, that'd be great...although I just bought like three dozen normal Dunlop .50s though so I'm in no rush to get new ones super quick :-) but sure, I could always use a few dozen or so extra picks, they wear so quick.

It's really annoying sometimes with the small, few-dollar stuff like picks, when they don't sell the stuff locally, and it looks like you can shop from etc. Amazon for them for like $4 a dozen and they advertise free shipping and all, but then at the final phase it's always 'sorry, cannot ship to this address'...augh. And if I order from Germany, it's $20 for each order packing etc. fee so it's no sense for such small stuff.

Lemme know how much it comes to with the postage and I can paypal you?

Zip
February 28th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Nope. I didn't offer to sell you some, just to send 'em :) Let me know what you want, where they're going, and that's it.

I spent the weekend at a guitar show, and the Martin guys were giving away as many picks as you wanted. I should have grabbed a few handfuls!

deeaa
February 29th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Oh! That's super cool :-) I'll PM you my address!

Zip
February 29th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Got it :thumbsup