PDA

View Full Version : Two-week trip, only 1GB of audio... suggestions?

poodlesrule
February 29th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I will be away from home, with my old 1-GB iAUDIO player in my pocket.

I wish to take something that would be musically useful... either classics to listen to over and over again, or anything somewhat related to ear training, perhaps?

Looking for suggestions!

Incidentally, I re-discovered that the player supports a bunch of audio formats, including Ogg Vorbis. This may matter.

BranJLew
March 2nd, 2012, 01:46 AM
Can't go wrong with Tool. haha, I'm not a die hard fan, but for some reason they were the first band that came to mind....wierd.

R_of_G
March 2nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
1GB is perfect for several hours of shuffle. Take a bunch of songs you know you always like to hear in the car, throw them in a playlist until you fill the 1GB, hit shuffle and drive. It's like having a great radio station with no commercials.

poodlesrule
March 2nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Take a bunch of songs you know you always like to hear in the car

Agreed.
Just in time, just found a new love with R.L. Burnside's kind of blues, by accident, at the library, and it makes me happy!

R_of_G
March 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
Agreed.
Just in time, just found a new love with R.L. Burnside's kind of blues, by accident, at the library, and it makes me happy!

Love Burnside. Throw in some Junior Kimbrough, Mississippi Fred McDowell, and T-Model Ford and you've got yourself a playlist.

kiteman
March 2nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Iron Butterfly-Ina Gadda Da Vida
Grand Funk-T.N.U.C.
CCR-Ramble Tamble
Kraftwerk-Autobahn
Ted Nugent-Stranglehold
Emerson Lake & Palmer-Trilogy

poodlesrule
March 2nd, 2012, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=kiteman;222531
Emerson Lake & Palmer-Trilogy[/QUOTE]

Funny, that reminds me that, on this trip, I will be reunited to the very first album I bought, Soft Machine Third!
For some reason, back then (English language comprehension?), I favored long instrumentals..

guitartango
March 2nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Have you tried this website ? (http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay.php/43-Member-Clips)

Plenty of Free tracks to download and listen to.

Franks normally a good choice but there may be others !