PDA

View Full Version : How long is yours?

Robert
December 7th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Guitar strap, that is! :D

I keep a fairly short strap. It makes it easier to play chords and arpeggios, etc for me.

How about you?

t_ross33
December 7th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Guitar strap, that is! :D

I keep a fairly short strap. It makes it easier to play chords and arpeggios, etc for me.

How about you?

Ha ha! My keyboard player is always bugging me about how low I sling my guitar. Something about "punk @$$ kids". He likes his guitar up pretty high, but he is doubling on keyboard so it helps to be up out of the way.

Funny thing is, I don't let my strap out too much - centre of the guitar just below my belly button. But then again there are times where it's cool to let 'er hang and really rawk them power chords :R

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Strat and Tele strap - as high as Jimi's

Les Paul strap - as low as Jimmy's

How else should they be duh? ;)

Tim
December 7th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Mine is also short and high. It fits right even with my belly. I can play much easier with it up high. It's not how long it is, but how well you sling it .. the guitar strap that is!

Justaguyin_nc
December 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
When I first tried wearing them... someplace it said to wear it so that when you sit and stand its still in the same position... well..thats how I wear them.. so I can sit or stand and its still slung... so I guess high...

SuperSwede
December 8th, 2006, 04:15 AM
It looks rather goofy, but I like to have it high.

Jimi75
December 8th, 2006, 08:17 AM
The lower the cooler the looks, but I have severe problems playing then!
So I keep it high - the upper edge is approx. located in the heights of the solarplexus.

Take a look at John Petrucci, he had a time where he could almost lay his chin on the guitar ;-)

mad4teles
December 8th, 2006, 08:20 AM
i have mine low ish as i'm a rythm player kinda like this guy, he's my guitar hero ....well one of em his name ....rick parfitt group status quo he plays a 60's tele with 13's on the string side and has a gibson tail piece for a bridge he is one cool mutha and one of the best darn rythm players in the buisness imho

Ro3b
December 8th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I like to keep the guitar high enough that I can keep my left wrist more or less straight. Having to bend my wrist to get my fingers over the fretboard is scary ergonomics. My right hand ends up about on the same level as my navel, maybe a little lower. (Actually I'm pretty tall, so with most straps that's about as low as I can wear the guitar anyway.)

SixStringJoe
December 11th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I find it comfortable playing when my guitar is high (not me :D) Makes it easy on the wrist.

But playing while sitting down is most comfortable;

r_a_smith3530
December 12th, 2006, 10:53 PM
I have my strap adjusted so that my bass sits the same, standing or sitting. The same would hold true for a regular six-string guitar.

carp3nt3r
December 13th, 2006, 10:14 PM
I like it high, almost as high as B.B.King with Lucille. almost. and sitting is my favorite position as i find playing to be relaxing.

carp3nt3r

Katastrophe
December 14th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I keep a middle of the road strap, where the center of the back of the guitar is on my belt buckle. It keeps my hands at a natural angle.