PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Tea Pots

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 02:59 PM
....so can you put them on a burner and boil directly on top of heat? Or are they just for pretty.

Edited to say: Gimmie a break guys this is for a Christmas present!

ted s
December 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I don't think so, sounds like an episode of mythbusters though.

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I don't think so, sounds like an episode of mythbusters though.

So you think they're for pretty? In other words someone would have to boil their water with one of those stainless steel whistleblower tea kettles and then transfer that hot water to a serving tea pot? Hmmm...I'd like to hear from our European or English members on what they think.

Spudman
December 7th, 2006, 04:41 PM
The H2O gets heated up either by microwave or stove top and then is put into the ceramic tea pot. At this point you either insert your tea bags or tea ball or tea strainer and let brew for several minutes. Then pour from the tea pot, and most importantly add tons of your favorite alcohol.:D Just kidding about the booze.

DONT PUT YOUR CERAMIC TEA POT ON A BURNER DIRECTLY. Unless you don't like it.

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Somehow Spud I believe what you are saying. :) Ok now...where can I find some of those clever Chinese or Japanese tea pots with the little strainer thingies in them.......and that are bigger than 4 inches high. Got to heat up enough tea to fill one of those travel mugs. If you please.... :)

ted s
December 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Ceramic tea pot on stove = bad mojo.

bad mojo, I like that, heard that here somewhere, maybe Spud or Oldguy ?

Spudman
December 7th, 2006, 06:02 PM
The strainer things can be found at a kitchen store or TJ Max or some department stores with a good kitchen section. Otherwise knit a few old guitar strings together. Preferably 8's or 9's.:D

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 10:02 PM
hahaha You must have noticed my collection of saved string sets sitting all over the house. LMAO

SuperSwede
December 8th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Actually, here in Sweden its a tradition to drink hot wine punch / mulled wine at christmas. And I have a ceramic "pot" that has place for 4 small candles which heats the brew (but not too much, some of the brilliant ingredients evaporates if it gets too hot). *hint* made from spuds.
I dont drink tea so I have no idea if regular tea pots could handle this.

Spudman
December 8th, 2006, 07:51 AM
*hint* made from spuds.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Oohhh noooooo!