PDA

View Full Version : Godin Redline Nemesis

bcdon
March 4th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Godin's Redline Nemesis (http://www.godinguitars.com/godinredlinenemesisp.htm)

Redline Nemesis
The menacing Redline Nemesis features an active EMG-81 pickup in the bridge and an active EMG-85 in the neck for scorching, high-output tones. The pickups are controlled via a 3-way toggle switch and a single volume knob all of which are housed in a sustain inducing mahogany body with maple top. The guitars 24 fret, rock maple neck with ergocut rosewood fingerboard, is lightning fast and comfortable to play.

Other features include the aggressively styled Redline 3 & 3 headstock, high-ratio tuners, solid black high-gloss finish and the Graphtech ResoMax harmonic bridge system.

*Includes hardshell case.

Specs
Rock Maple neck
Ergocut Rosewood Fingerboard
24 super jumbo frets
12 " fingerboard radius
25 1/2 " Scale
1 11/16" nut width
Solid mahogany body with maple top
2x active EMG humbuckers (Neck: EMG-85 / Bridge: EMG-81)
3-way toggle switch & 1x volume
Graphtech ResoMax Bridge
Colors: Solid Black HG

http://www.godinguitars.com/guitars/godinperfredlinenemesis.jpg
CQOupJ5Of1s

deeaa
March 4th, 2012, 09:25 AM
They should put a 85 at bridge too...interesting shape.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Eric
March 4th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Interesting guitar. If I played metal, I suppose I'd be all about it. But I traded for C64's Redline at one point and ended up selling it away. I just couldn't deal with the single volume knob and active pickup.

bcdon
March 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Interesting guitar. If I played metal, I suppose I'd be all about it. But I traded for C64's Redline at one point and ended up selling it away. I just couldn't deal with the single volume knob and active pickup.
Not sure how a single volume knob could be a problem; I rarely play both pickups at the same time and, even if I did, not sure I'd bother with putting one higher than the other. The only time I use the other volume button is to put it at zero and then use the toggle as a mute switch.

As for being for metal, sure the styling is geared that way but, as with anything, it can be played how you want to. I have a LP with Semour Duncan blackouts that looks metal, and sounds metal too, but also sounds great playing nice and clean.

marnold
March 4th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Not sure how a single volume knob could be a problem; I rarely play both pickups at the same time and, even if I did, not sure I'd bother with putting one higher than the other. The only time I use the other volume button is to put it at zero and then use the toggle as a mute switch.

I think he meant as opposed to having at least a tone control.

deeaa
March 5th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I've never used the tone knob, usually even leave it out of the circuit entirely. I do use the volume quite a lot though, especially with guitars that have only one pickup, so I can get something resembling a clean sound for picked parts.

Eric
March 5th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I think he meant as opposed to having at least a tone control.
Yup, that's what I meant.

And bcdon, I get your point about how you can use any guitar for any application, but it does have limitations. Kind of in the vein of what deeaa has been talking about recently, I find that there are certain things some guitars do really well. Getting those same results from other guitars is certainly possible, but sometimes it's just not worth the trouble.

bcdon
March 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
And bcdon, I get your point about how you can use any guitar for any application, but it does have limitations.

Sure, everything has strengths and weaknesses... I was looking at this guitar for metal anyway. :)

Eric
March 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I was looking at this guitar for metal anyway. :)
Well there you go! When I did have a Redline before I really liked the way it played and felt; it was mainly a controls-and-pickup issue for me.