PDA

View Full Version : Hi and Welcome!

Robert
September 14th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I'm Robert Renman, and I am also the guy who set up this forum. I live in Camrose, Alberta, Canada, although I'm from Sweden.

I play Squier and Richard guitars, Vox AD50VT and Reverend Hellhound for amps, and I use a bunch of pedals for fun.

Let's have fun with TheFret.Net!

Tone2TheBone
September 15th, 2005, 08:44 AM
My name is Rob and I am a friend of Robert's. I live in the desert Southwest of the United States...in the state of New Mexico. I've been playing since I was 13 (for 29 years). I love pretty much all styles of music but enjoy playing DA BLUES :cool: I've managed not to sell my coveted Marshall Jubilee and an old 60's style Marshall bottom cabinet (with Greenback Celestion speakers) and have recently bought one of the Vox AD30Vt amps. Mr. Renman is partly to blame for that. :D I'm left with one mid 80s Studio Les Paul (a nice creamy white) and a new MIM Stratocaster moded with CS Texas Special pickups. I've also got a couple of nice acoustic guitars and enjoy playing those as well. Great to be a part of this tremendous site!

Spudman
December 21st, 2005, 11:05 PM
Hi Robert

I'm so glad that you sent me a link for this forum. Seems great. Like I said earlier your web site is great as well.

Originally from Sweden? Cool. Do you know....just kidding. Everyone does that. But, your fellow countrymen the Flower Kings have taken the top slot in my musical inspiration pryamid. What is it about Sweden? There is so much good music and great players coming out of there lately yourself included.

I think your web site is superb. Very intuitively done and great material and inspiration. I'm glad you are around and willing to share with us all. That is what makes for a great community and a musical community to boot.

Robert
December 21st, 2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks Steve, and a big welcome to you! You could post an introduction thread if you want. I've heard about the Flower Kings, not sure what music the play though. I'll check them out. Thanks again for your kind words! This is a great guitar hangout, and we hope you'll stick around.

Spudman
December 21st, 2005, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm new to forums so be gentle. I'm a tad slow.

If you haven't heard the Flower Kings that's OK for now. Just get Roine Stolt's new solo album from the Inside Out label. It's called Wallstreet Voodoo. Guitar a plenty and oh so tasty. It's already made it to the top of a lot of Progressive reviewers list for 2005. It's in my top 3.