PDA

View Full Version : New album day!

deeaa
March 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Finally, Spookbox 15 song live album is off the presses! Looks great...I'll post pics later.

Feels great, haven't put my own full albums out since 2008, and only one full album with P43...it was due time!

Now I can concentrate also on making the next Whobody album...lotsa work to do on that.

This spookbox one will also be available on Spotify and itunes etc. Very shortly.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Monkus
March 7th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Congrats Dee!!!!!

Spudman
March 7th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Nice to hear. I hope it does well for you.

R_of_G
March 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Congratulations Dee and good luck with the album!

Tig
March 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM
:rockya
Great news, Dee!

deeaa
March 7th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Not expecting it to sell or anything; not really even trying. If I get a dozen copies sold either online or directly, I'll be VERY amazed :-) it's quite impossible to actually sell music these days. In 1996 we still could get 600 copies off print and easily sell or distribute them all, in fact I did several albums in that range during the 90's and all are long sold out. But later...I have never sold more than a few and those to buddies wanting to support the band, not actual 'customers'. Since 1997 I've made about $15 bucks from my album sales, despite having put out three...well now four full-lenght albums, LOL!

I remember already in 2004 or so, you might have a crowd at a gig who danced and clearly dug your band, wanted more etc. but still nobody would basically want your CD even for free, at best they wanted to know the website address or if we had any music online. I did try and leave a few in any bar we visited, hopefully somebody picked them up and they didn't end up in the bin. Still have a few hundred I believe of the CD's from the band during that time. But at least the band's webpage/music has been listened to several thousands of times.

Naa, the plan is to send out some them for free to small music mags, with a little luck we may get a few hundred Spotify listens or something, and distribute the rest within the band and to relatives etc. we'll definitely NOT going to sell them nearly enough to cover the printing costs.

It's purely for our own pleasure to have an actual album in our hands.

I don't even have any idea how would I try and promote it...I'll just add a link to end of all my emails, which already contains loads of links tho so it'll be lost in the wash there, and post it on my facebook site and some forums like The Fret. But likely there won't be any sales from any of those places, that'd be totally amazing.

deeaa
March 8th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Here's a pic!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Bp2wFXAyrrI/T1hM0MwAl4I/AAAAAAAAEzk/cpO-VJ7_ybE/s640/IMG_20120308_080530.jpg

Ch0jin
March 8th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Nice work Dee! I totally understand doing it for the love of it rather than for profit. It must feel amazing to be able to grab a CD from the pile and say "I made this"

I had a few seconds of me playing bass with a punk band live in a short film a few years back and I drove everyone nuts talking about it I was so excited!

deeaa
March 8th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Check http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/20018-Spookbox-CD-demo for a demo and clips of the CD!