PDA

View Full Version : Query

guitarissts
March 8th, 2012, 01:53 AM
I am not playing or trying to play the quitar any more. My attention is now focused on my new book publishing company. So now I have two quitars I have to figure out what I am going to do with therm,:)

Zip
March 8th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Donate them to your local school.

bcdon
March 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Why not just hang on to them for a bit and then decide? If you don't need the money you could pack them away... who knows, maybe you'll change your mind or find the perfect person to give them to.

Katastrophe
March 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Quick question: Who says you can't do both?

I'm taking 17 credit hours in school (and putting in at least 20-25 hours a week into study), work full time, and am raising a family. I don't get as much guitar time as I like, but am always able to find a half hour here and there to play.

The company, once you get it up and running, and as long as you hire good people, won't require all your time forever. Keep the guitars!

deeaa
March 8th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Keep em. And what Kat said.

I've sold ALL my gear (well pretty much) twice in my life; at 19 when I went to University and thought I'd have no time, 2nd time at 26 when I left the University & got married and thought I'd have no time...

Now I have two kids, 3 and 7, and work full-time and work on repairing our house, but also writing a book (well two actually) and am in three bands. Just released a CD too.
Sure, sometimes I don't get to play that much, but I try to squeeze in at least an hour, preferably two, of guitar playing too and it suffices.

I might sell of some of my guitars if someone offered me good money, I have a couple too many maybe, but I NEVER will sell off any more other music gear except to replace it with something better.

omegadot
March 8th, 2012, 04:26 PM
The only reason I learned how to play is I kept carting my guitar around. Eventually I had time again and I picked it up. If you aren't super hard up for the cache I'd say don't do anything but hang it up on the wall.