PDA

View Full Version : Missing my guitar playing ....

jpfeifer
December 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM
It's been a very tough couple of months for my family. We're dealing with a family crisis with my wife's parents and things have been very stressful both at home and with my work. It's the first time since I can remember that it actually doesn't feel like the holiday season.

I'm in one of those times in life where you just have to try to get through each day and keep a smile on your face if you can.

I'm really missing my guitar playing these days, however, I have to be a Dad, husband, and son-in-law first right now and there's not much time left for the musician in me. That comes last after these other priorities. If I can get any time later on I am hoping to record some Christmas tunes and post them.

I read TheFret every now and then through my work day and it kind of helps to take away some of the day-to-day stress that's going on right now.

Take care guys. Sorry to be the Scrooge. I'll try to snap out of it!

-- Jim

sunvalleylaw
December 7th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I know I am still a newbie, but as far as I am concerned, sharing with one another is part of what this fellowship is about, whether or not you are getting to play a lot right now. Sorry you are going through trying times. Please join in as much as you can when you can. Thank you for honoring us by checking in.

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Jim, hang in there buddy. We're here for ya man. If you need to talk pm me.

aeolian
December 7th, 2006, 10:43 PM
When it comes down to it, there are things more important than playing guitar (although playing guitar makes others thing easier).

This past summer my wife had to go out of state to tend to her dying mother for more than 3 weeks. I had to keep working and taking care of our kids during that time. It was rough, although probably not as rough as it was on my wife.

Hang in there. These are life's passages, and we all have to go through them.

aeolian

Spudman
December 7th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Jim
Sorry to hear about you dilemma. It all works out no matter what so don't let it consume you. I'm missing your playing too. Hurry back.

SuperSwede
December 8th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Jim, I´m sorry to hear this!

Here is something from a John Lee Hooker song that is quite true:

"Blues a healer, healer, all over the world, all over the world
It healed me, it can heal you
The blues can heal you, early one morning "

jpfeifer
December 8th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement.

-- Jim

Robert
December 8th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Sorry things are rough Jim. I hope it gets back to normal soon for you.

All the best,
Robert

stingx
December 8th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I hope everything works out for you.

Plank_Spanker
December 8th, 2006, 03:34 PM
As a young lad of 20, I lost both of my parents in one miserable December. I've walked in your shoes............................

Things have a way of working out, man. You just slog on until you're out of the hole.

We're here for you, man.

duhvoodooman
December 8th, 2006, 03:37 PM
This, too, shall pass. Hang in there, Jim--better days ahead. We're all pulling for you....

jpfeifer
December 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys. You're almost like bothers! I guess we are musically.

--- Jim

oldguy
December 10th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Wishing you the best, and drop by when you can.
Glenn

SixStringJoe
December 11th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Keep that flame within buring Jim. It'll all work out fine :)

Justaguyin_nc
December 11th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Times change Jim... will look for your music and postings when those times get here..and they will again... till than.. you know we are here..

M29
December 11th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Hello Jim,

I have a 91 year old father that I have been concerned about and my mother passed away when I was in my teens. I have been anticipating my fathers passing in the near future which has put me in the dumps lately. It is bad timing during the holidays, my prayers are with you Jim. Hang in there you have a great place to visit here to lighten things up. Maybe some tinkering with the guitar for now would help. Maybe a pickup change or some new tuning keys or a good clean up, sometimes that keeps my mind off of things a bit.

M29

tot_Ou_tard
December 11th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Jim,

The fret sends you a little love and encouragement.

The music wants you back as much as you want it back.

But it'll have to wait as life needs you now.

Good luck, take your time. We'll be here awaiting your return.

Tim
December 11th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Hi Jim – hang in there brother. As the other brothers have said, it will get better. I have been in small crises my self for the past 6 years. I got two daughters that were single moms. They both did drugs and drank a lot. My 21 year old son wanted to be a surfer dude coming home drunk and high at 3:00 in the morning. On top of that my 89 year old father has cancer. My 82 year old mother had a mastectomy several years ago. My mother in law is bed ridden with osteo arthritis along with several bone factures. My father in law also has health problems and drinks all afternoon. My wife has been suffering for the past 5 years with internal pain which no doctor can fine a reason. I have a bad back, trick knee and arthritis settling in due to miss-use of the body during my earlier days as an aircraft mechanic.

But I am happy to be alive. Do not let your surrounding environment get you down. Every now and then you must find a little personal time to get away from your present predicament. Keep a straight mind. Your family needs you. That is the best thing you can do for now … be there for them. Sometimes we must bite our lip and just do it. In the end you will not regret what you are doing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hogfullofblues
December 12th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Hang tough, Jim. It's an extra burden when bad things happen around the holidays for sure, but hopefully you can still find some positives thru the season to lift your spirits, even if just for the moment.
Hoping the best for you.