PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm George

SixStringJoe
December 7th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Wooohooo, I'm finally in :)

Hi everyone, I'm another newbie (and an oldie too). Thanks to Justaguyin_nc for letting me know of this place. I live in Oman (in the Middle East) and I've got a fulltime job as an IT Admin. I am a self taught guitarist and learnt it watching my friends play. I'm glad I learned to play it, it now gives me something to do in the evenings.

Enjoy listening to the veterans from the 80s & 90s. As for my gear, I guess there isn't much I can put it here after looking at the signatures most other fret players in here :o It's a just a Hendrix Guitar, a Zoom 505ii and a Zoom Fire-30 amp. Just enough for someone who plays to himself. Well, enough said, I'm glad to be here and will gather a lot of info from all your post.

A few of the songs that I (attempted) playing is on youtube.
www.youtube.com/user/SixStringJoe

Cheers
George

Ps. Thanks for that note Oldguy, I wasn't going to give up that easy :D

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Hey George welcome. Oldguy told me to check out a vid you got. The word is out! :) Good to have you here.

sunvalleylaw
December 7th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Hey welcome. I like your vids!

Spudman
December 7th, 2006, 11:37 PM
SSJoe. Welcome. Nice videos.
You play using your fingers like Alan Morse from Spock's Beard. Check him out. Google is your friend.

SuperSwede
December 8th, 2006, 03:56 AM
SSJoe, welcome!
So how is the living conditions in Oman? Must be rather hot.

oldguy
December 8th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Hey, George! Hello (again), and WELCOME to the board.
I would say after watching your youtube videos (esp. the Satriani song), that you have all the equipment you need..... OOOHHHhhh. I just re-read that.
Well, you have plenty to get a goood sound.
We never have all the equipment we need ! :D

Glenn

ted s
December 8th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Welcome George !.............

duhvoodooman
December 8th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Cool vids, George! Keep on rockin' in Oman, and welcome to TheFret! :DR

SixStringJoe
December 8th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the great welcome guys. I'm jumping right in and getting started. Looks like I'm the only one from the Middle East :)

@superswede - Right now the climate in Muscat (Oman) is pretty cool (about 27 Deg. C) but you're right about summer. It's real hot with temperature reaching 48 Deg. C

warren0728
December 8th, 2006, 06:39 AM
welcome george....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

Robert
December 8th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Welcome George, glad you joined us!

We have had minus 30 recently, but with the strong winds it has been equivalent of down to minus 50 here...! COLD!

Justaguyin_nc
December 8th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Glad you made it George! Your videos.. are Encouraging, Motivating and Inspiring to me.. and your equipment is right up there with the ole Fretnet.. CHEAP!! heh.. makes me wonder why people buy stuff when you can get a good sound from inexpensive stuff...

Hogfullofblues
December 9th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Hi George. I like the vids, especially the light bulb. Wecome aboard.

Tim
December 10th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Awesome playing there George. You shed a new light on playing Amazing Grace. I really like the way you played it. Once you threw away your electric slide, you could feel the song ring off you finger tipss. Great technique.

Oh yea! Welcome to the Fret Net.

SixStringJoe
December 11th, 2006, 12:44 AM
thanks. You know what guys, I really envy your signatures :D

Spudman
December 11th, 2006, 07:45 AM
thanks. You know what guys, I really envy your signatures :D

Oh no!:eek: Signature envy! That's not a good sign. Perhaps you should go to the "How Long Is Yours" thread and you'll feel better. At least you don't have GAS.
Welcome aboard.

SixStringJoe
December 11th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Oh no!:eek: Signature envy! That's not a good sign. Perhaps you should go to the "How Long Is Yours" thread and you'll feel better. At least you don't have GAS.
Welcome aboard.

Thanks Spud :) Mine isn't long either :( GAS? hmmm...that's just a matter of time :rolleyes:

M29
January 18th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Welcome George,

I really like your videos, you have a knack for the guitar thats for sure!

Welcome aboard!

M29