PDA

View Full Version : RIP Randy Rhoads

marnold
March 19th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hard to believe, but Randy Rhoads died on this date 30 years ago. I often wonder what kind of music he would have made if he had followed his desires to leave Ozzy and study classical stuff more. I wonder if he would have been on the forefront of the neo-classical movement.

1Se9cVOlft4

Tig
March 19th, 2012, 09:01 PM
His was a huge loss. He's be 55 now. Ozzy owes his return and subsequent career to Randy's song writing and playing. I got to see him play once, just weeks before his death.

Here's a really good article: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/randy-rhoads-remembered-30-years-after-his-death-pic-of-the-week/

FrankenFretter
March 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM
RIP Randy. You are missed.

Katastrophe
March 20th, 2012, 06:38 AM
It's a safe bet that Randy would have defined the neo-classical style of shred guitar playing. It's also an equally safe bet that he could have put out an all acoustic classical album as well. What a talent.

marnold
March 20th, 2012, 11:36 AM
From all accounts he was a nice guy. He was raised Lutheran too which is always the sign of a high-quality human being.

Eric
March 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Wow, he was only 25? I didn't realize that. Looking up his wikipedia entry now...

kiteman
March 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM
RIP Randy.

If he was still around he'll have us saying Jimi who? I learned one of his techniques from a song and it was just genius. Easy too.