PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with Biyang pedals vendor on Ecrater

FrankenFretter
March 20th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Last month I ordered a Biyang AD-8 analog delay from http://biyangguitareffectpedals.ecrater.com/ . After waiting what seemed like a reasonable time, I contacted them via their "Contact" button on their storefront asking whether or not my pedal had shipped. No reply. Waited a little longer, than emailed them. No reply. Finally I opened a dispute with Paypal, and sent them another request for info via the PP dispute system. Still no reply. I waited a little longer, then turned that dispute into a claim. The seller never replied to the PP dispute or claim, and PP finally refunded my money today.

I would advise my fellow Fretters to avoid that seller. Upon Perfect Stranger's recommendation, I recently ordered a Joyo pedal from KDM Distributors (http://www.ebay.com/sch/kdmdistributors/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25) on Ebay, and was very happy to get my pedal just a couple days after ordering. I'll be buying my delay from them, as they seem to be very reliable and ship quickly (US seller in California, in fact). Just passing along my experience to prevent anybody here from having issues.

Cheers!

Eric
March 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Good to know - thanks for the heads up. What was your first Joyo pedal (the one you already received)?

FrankenFretter
March 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Good to know - thanks for the heads up. What was your first Joyo pedal (the one you already received)?

The "California Sound" pedal, which is an amp sim for the Mesa Boogie Mk II. I've only fiddled with it a wee bit, but the tonal variations on that pedal are myriad. Cool pedal, but I think it's going to take me a while to dial it in to my liking, just because the adjustments are so interactive.

http://www.joyochina.cn/ld/userfiles/fck/image/Effects Pedals/jf-15(1).jpg

Btw, if your current setup is lacking bottom end, this pedal can definitely add that. I can really feel it through my 2 x 12.

Eric
March 20th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cool. I was heavily considering one of the Tech 21 character pedals for awhile and that one was in the mix -- I think it's a facsimile of the Tech 21 California pedal. I've heard it's really easy to get a good Santana tone out of it.

The T21 pedals do take a lot of fiddling, as they have an active EQ that is very sensitive to adjustments. You might want to look up some suggested settings for the pedal and see if those give you any good sounds. Hopefully you like it after a bit more time with it.

FrankenFretter
March 20th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Cool. I was heavily considering one of the Tech 21 character pedals for awhile and that one was in the mix -- I think it's a facsimile of the Tech 21 California pedal. I've heard it's really easy to get a good Santana tone out of it.

The T21 pedals do take a lot of fiddling, as they have an active EQ that is very sensitive to adjustments. You might want to look up some suggested settings for the pedal and see if those give you any good sounds. Hopefully you like it after a bit more time with it.

Yes, I believe this is a clone of the Tech 21 pedal, as are the rest of the Joyo amp sims. I'll take your advice and look up some settings, Eric. Thanks!

Ch0jin
March 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Umm "Vioce"? I believe the term is Voice :)

Spell Check FTW Joyo

Thanks for posting though, always good to name and shame a dodgy business.

If you're still in the market for a delay, whilst it's likely 4x the price of the Biyang, my Strymon El Capistan still blows me away every time I use it. I can't imagine a better delay pedal. (Except for perhaps it's big brother the Timeline)

FrankenFretter
March 20th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Umm "Vioce"? I believe the term is Voice :)

Spell Check FTW Joyo

Thanks for posting though, always good to name and shame a dodgy business.

If you're still in the market for a delay, whilst it's likely 4x the price of the Biyang, my Strymon El Capistan still blows me away every time I use it. I can't imagine a better delay pedal. (Except for perhaps it's big brother the Timeline)

I missed out on the limited edition "Vioce" version of that pedal, unfortunately.

I've heard great things about the Strymon stuff. I'm on a bit of a budget, though. I bought a pedal that was less than $70, but I did do some Youtube research first. For my purposes, it'll do just fine. I was specifically looking for something that had a longer delay max than 600ms, and the Biyang has a max of 1100ms. Nice...now if I could just play like Gilmour...