PDA

View Full Version : Allman Brothers Band "Southern Man" Live

Tig
March 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Allman Brothers Band play "Southern Man" 3/17/2012 with Grace Potter and Randell Bramlett at The Beacon Theater, NY.

http://youtu.be/QdKRyAyzH2c

This song's for you, Muddy :)

Duffy
March 22nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Right on time Tig. Obvious metaphor. Southern dudes singing Southern Man. Regardless of the situation at hand, it is a remarkable video.

Tig
March 22nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Kinda' weird missing Gregg Allman. I mean, how can you have an ABB without him?

Still it sounds good, especially Derek Trucks' slide solo. Grace Potter is a bit over the top, however.

Duffy
March 22nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Was Gregg absent from the whole show? I wouldn't mind seeing Dickey Betts back in the line up either, speaking of "how can you have an ABB without him". That has been mystifying me lately. They fired him with a "fax". Looks like the only original Bro was J'mo, and I can't figure out what he was doing.

Beacon Theater, Broadway - I think Grace Potter was in a New York state of mind.

Commodore 64
March 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
I used to like Grace Potter. But way way way over the top. Annoyingly over the top.

I'd still hit it, though.

bcdon
March 23rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
I used to like Grace Potter. But way way way over the top. Annoyingly over the top.

I'd still hit it, though.

Never heard of her before but what's over the top? She was obviously into the music. No problem there. As for you hitting it, I don't think you'll ever get that chance. And if you did, I'm sure your wife would have something to say. :-)

Commodore 64
March 26th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I like the Grace from a few years back...Especially the low cut top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeNnR33i5Q

poodlesrule
March 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I passed on an AAB DVD at an estate sale Saturday 'cause it was by the current line-up.
Did I make a mistake?

I "recovered" by getting a Derek Trucks Band DVD, and the first Crossroads (Texas) double set, all very affordable. Yummy.

helliott
March 26th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Gregg had to miss the last show due to a herniated disc in his back. All sorts of folks stepped in to fill the void. As for this version of the band, I would sell them short. If the dvd you passed up is live at the beacon, it's a great one.