PDA

View Full Version : Blues Deluxe, First Impressions

Radioboy950
March 22nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
At 40 watts, with a decent size cabinet, it's loud & clean, or gritty if you need the dirt.
I wasn't worried about clean tones, but I wondered if the BDRI could rock too.
Yes, indeed, it can rock. The Peavy Classic 30, an Egnater and Blackstar were also contenders, but I've always liked 6L6 amps.
In this case, the factory valves are the 5881 variety.
Quick clip with a Les Paul, and a few seconds of Strat tone at the end.
This amp is built very well, the tweed covering looks slick...and for tube changes, the reissue has a bias trim pot.
For well under a $grand$, I find it to be a great value.
Looking forward to breaking in the speaker, and I might warm up the bias a bit. The factory setting is a little cold.
Carbon Copy delay in the loop (so subtle you probably won't hear it in the recording) , and a Cmatmods Brownie in front.
The iPhone recording will never capture how solid the amp sounds in the bedroom, but...oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_VIxd1AOU

piebaldpython
March 22nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
The amp sounded great for all playing. That Brownie "crunched" up and sounded awesome thru the BD. Have fun.

Tig
March 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'll have to wait until I get home to see the video...

EDIT: Wow, that really does sound great! Nice demo. :thumbsup

mapka
March 23rd, 2012, 07:25 AM
I've had my Blues Deluxe for about 4 years now and love it. Does everything I need it to.

NWBasser
March 23rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
Our band's new guitarist has a Blues Jr. and it sounds fantastic. Although he uses a lot of pedals and it's hard to tell just how much tone is the amph.

Congrats on the new amph. I'm actually starting to warm up a bit to the Fenders.

I've always pegged them as being too bright for my tastes.

markb
March 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Sounds great. I got my first Fender amp in 1985 or so. Even on modellers I go for the "Fender" voices first.

sixstringdrug
March 23rd, 2012, 08:00 PM
Love it! Sounds Great! I have a BJr, next step up is the BD. Oh man, I got GAS!!!!