PDA

View Full Version : NPD--boss super phaser ph-2 (#2)!

sixstringdrug
March 23rd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Just got my second boss ph-2. Cannot wait to see what I can do with two of em on my board. I got the idea by checking out Mike Eizinger's rig and noticed he had two in sequence. I've always loved his tone and the sounds he creates. Have had one on the board for awhile now, but was kinda a hassle switching between mode I and mode II. Problem solved now and maybe I'll find something new when I use em both together. Fun Fun Saturday!

bcdon
March 23rd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Sounds super sweet Mr. 6. I'm all for fun on a Saturday so rock on! :dude

Tig
March 24th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cool!

Be careful and set it to stun only.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/20/article-1229464-02EA06C10000044D-181_468x397.jpg

marnold
March 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
What do you use the phaser for? I've never owned one. For me, I guess I'd use it to imitate EVH stuff, but didn't he mainly run that at the minimum setting to thicken things up a bit?

To my ear, phasers at extreme settings sound sort of wah-ish, as opposed to flangers that get that jet plane thing.

sixstringdrug
March 25th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I mainly play blues and classic rock type stuff. But sometimes I need to hear crazy sounds. I have a bunch of pedals for that. Phasers, a flanger, auto wah, soul vibe, and saving up for a POG. It's just for my own sonic gratification and experimentation. On the rare occasion that I gig anymore my rig is wery simple. Axe->boss tu-2->budda bud wah->ibanez ts 808 RI->amp (used to be my fender super champ XD but will be my new Blues JR next time out) Sometimes I add my BBE Free Fuzz before the wah but thats my standard rig. I use the same setup either electric or acoustic, just tweak the knobs a little.

As far as EVH, Im not technically proficient enough to even attempt his stuff. I just like making sounds sometimes.

sixstringdrug
April 4th, 2012, 09:16 PM
ok folks. quick review on the setup. axe->boss tu2->bbe free fuzz->budda budwah->bbe orange squeeze->ibanez ts 808->boss ph2 (mode2)->boss ph2 (mode1)->ibanez cs9->rocktron hush->blues jr.

First off I love that I can have both modes available to me without having to stop and turn the knob mid-noodle. I am a bit of a fan of mode 2 vs mode 1, a little warmer, not as brittle or digitized, but the whacked out space sounds from putting the two together is f-in cool! I am still tweaking out the settings a bit to my liking but I am havin tons of fun with the experimentation phase of it. also, adding the fuzz and backing off my guitar volume made a sound I cannot get outta my head. Seriously addicting and inspiring! I love sounds!!!!