PDA

View Full Version : Nice little jam last night

FrankenFretter
March 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I went to a friend's band practice last night, which was pretty fun in and of itself. They auditioned a bass player, and he seems like a good fit for them. He seems to know every single Metallica song by heart, and is definitely a "rock" bassist. Nice guy, too.

After the drummer had to go home to his family, I brought in my Hell Bender and Cube 60 to jam a bit with the rest of the guys. The bass player also plays drums, so that was nice to play with a drummer. It was fairly disorganized, but we merged on a few things, including some of the stuff that I noodle around with at home. It was a lot of fun, and I hope to do it more in the future. One thing that I found out is that the line out from my Cube works quite well, and sounds great through a PA. It's the loudest I've played in a long time, and that was a freeing feeling. You guys who don't have close neighbors or family members that go to bed early know what I mean. Next time, I might take my Blackstar and my 2 x 12, just to see what that sounds like at a "reasonable" volume.

NWBasser
March 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Sweet!

That sounds like a blast. Playing with other musicians can bring the fun up to a whole new level (as can playing loud!).

We had a gig last night at a small tavern in West Seattle. It was a heap of fun and both the small crowd and bar owner really liked us.

We'll be playing there again next Friday and I'll actually make a bit of money with my crazy bass skills.

I'll post pics if I can get some from the drummer. Ach, very tired today though..

FrankenFretter
March 31st, 2012, 09:09 PM
Sounds like you had a good Thursday night too, brother. Wish I could come up for your show on Friday!