PDA

View Full Version : I'm quitting guitar for good

Spudman
April 1st, 2012, 07:46 AM
Yup, after close to 40 years of guitar playing, much of it professionally around the USA and Canada, I'm calling it quits. There are few venues to play anymore, fewer dedicated musicians to work with and no money to make it worth while. I guess I've finally tired of the game and will soon be selling all my stuff and will just be focusing on being a family man.

:(

piebaldpython
April 1st, 2012, 08:03 AM
WOW!!! So sorry to hear that Spud but I totally understand. You said you will be selling ALL your stuff? As in not having a git or two with an amp just to noodle around with at home for relaxation?? Now that would be a huge WOW.

kiteman
April 1st, 2012, 08:11 AM
Well, today's April 1st so...:socool

poodlesrule
April 1st, 2012, 08:37 AM
Well, today's April 1st so...:socool

That.
I call dibs on the accordion, just in case...

bcdon
April 1st, 2012, 09:35 AM
That.
I call dibs on the accordion, just in case...

To late for dibs.. Spud and I worked out a trade for all his gear for a few bushels of BC's finest. ;-)

Spudman
April 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM
To late for dibs.. Spud and I worked out a trade for all his gear for a few bushels of BC's finest. ;-)

Now there's something worth considering.:socool

riverrick
April 1st, 2012, 02:44 PM
I hope it's an April fools thing. That would really surprise me if its true.

FrankenFretter
April 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Good one. For a second or two, I was thinking about a road trip to Idaho for the "going out of business" sale. ;)

tjcurtin1
April 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
Criminey, Spud!! I choked on a mouthful of hot tea on account of that! If it had come out my nose, you'd have been in BIG trouble!

NWBasser
April 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Well played sir!

Spudman
April 2nd, 2012, 02:36 PM
Okay, I've reconsidered. Not because everyone tried to talk me out of quitting, but more because of the offer bcdon made. All of a sudden things don't seem so bad.

And, yes...April Fools.

bcdon
April 2nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Good decision, Spudman... otherwise you'd have to stock up on these.

http://cdn.babble.com/family-kitchen/files/2011/02/DORITOS_NACHO_CHEESE__Flavored_Tortilla_Chips.gif

Spudman
April 2nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
I already have stocked up on those...and Cheetos. Just waiting for your shipment to arrive.

piebaldpython
April 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Okay, I've reconsidered. Not because everyone tried to talk me out of quitting, but more because of the offer bcdon made. All of a sudden things don't seem so bad.
And, yes...April Fools.

'Sum b**ch........I've been had. lol Good one Spud.....I read your post and the LAST thing I'd have thought have was 4/01. Had me going!!!

Blaze
April 2nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Yess !! good one Spud...

Try one of these so you won t have to work too hard on stage anymore.. Lol !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiQt8QLEiA&feature

Spudman
April 2nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
For me to quit playing guitar would be about the same as quitting breathing. Ain't gonna happen...for a while yet.

Thanks to all who played along.

Sorry Pie, I had to let you stew for a while.:wave:

Spudman
April 2nd, 2012, 06:39 PM
That is fricken hilarious!

Yess !! good one Spud...

Try one of these so you won t have to work too hard on stage anymore.. Lol !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiQt8QLEiA&feature

Ch0jin
April 2nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Haha Nice find Blaze!

otaypanky
April 3rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
I'm still daydreaming' about bushels of BC's finest arriving at my doorstep :canada:

kiteman
April 3rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
Sorry I spoiled your fun spud. I should've kept my mouth shut.

Spudman
April 3rd, 2012, 08:05 PM

No worries. I had fun anyway. Mainly daydreaming what it would be like if I actually did that. That got me depressed enough that I made my daughter clean her room and her mom's car, and I took to drinking. It was the best excuse I had for trying a new beer and it was totally worthwhile. So, all is good. :beer:

kiteman
April 5th, 2012, 07:16 PM
No worries. I had fun anyway. Mainly daydreaming what it would be like if I actually did that. That got me depressed enough that I made my daughter clean her room and her mom's car, and I took to drinking. It was the best excuse I had for trying a new beer and it was totally worthwhile. So, all is good. :beer:

Awesome! :beer:

NWBasser
April 6th, 2012, 12:43 PM

I saw the date too and had a great reply but was too late with it.

I was going to write, "Spud, after listening to the recordings of your playing, I think you made a good choice." :poke:rollover

Spudman
April 6th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I was going to write, "Spud, after listening to the recordings of your playing, I think you made a good choice." :poke:rollover

Well, if you hear the recording from last night I think you'd be pretty spot on.

NWBasser
April 6th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Well, if you hear the recording from last night I think you'd be pretty spot on.

If you heard the recording of the intro to Higher Ground that I blew at our last gig, then you'd take my bass and club me to death.

I totally train-wrecked on that one, but I had great tone!