PDA

View Full Version : Krash HAPPY!

Brian Krashpad
April 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/556636_10150723915308879_512618878_9552897_1718590 504_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/556584_10150723916448879_512618878_9552898_2318033 _n.jpg

marnold
April 6th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Man, you're going to need one of those BIG CD players for that!

That is highly cool.

Tig
April 6th, 2012, 09:05 AM
ImPRESSive!
:AOK

Brian Krashpad
April 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Haha, thanks guys. Label guy took those photos last night, should get my copy later today. Won't actually here vinyl version until I get home to my phonograph tonight.

Blaze
April 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Super l 'Ami ..!! Cool Vintage lookin plate..

Brian Krashpad
April 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Super l 'Ami ..!! Cool Vintage lookin plate..

Merci beaucoups, mon ami! The label on the actual album will be different, with the TB2 Records logo and track listing.

Katastrophe
April 6th, 2012, 04:59 PM
That's freakin' awesome, Brian! Vinyl rocks!

guitartango
April 6th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hi Brian

Can i ask what is a phonograph ? My father told me that they were popular in the 1960's and 70's and died of death in the late 1980's. Is it true that the DJ use to "spin the record".

:dance

mapka
April 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
That is awesome Brian. It is so cool that you can still get a vinyl record made. Did they do the recording with real analog equipment? Did they use an acetate to record onto?

FrankenFretter
April 7th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Can't wait to get that on your gramophone, eh grandad?

That's cool, Brian! Vinyl is way bosstastic. I assume that will be a limited release?

R_of_G
April 7th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Sweet, your band's music comes with a free frisbee! ;)

Seriously though, vinyl rules. Good for you Brian!

Robert
April 7th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Too cool man! Congrats!

duhvoodooman
April 9th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Can I get it in 8-Track?

Seriously, big congrats on ya!

Brian Krashpad
April 9th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks fellers!

Btw, I've said before, but anyone can download the whole album from crashpadband.com

And as fate would have it, our first review is now up here:

http://twoguysmetalreviews.blogspot.fr/2012/04/crash-pad.html

The writing is pretty amateurish, but they seem earnest and conscientious.

Ch0jin
April 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM
That is freakin mad cool! I don't even own a turntable anymore but I'd love to get an album pressed!!!

sunvalleylaw
April 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Ok, we know what we get in the comments section, but this was too amusing to pass up, after reading the review and comments: "I've seen videos of the band. They sound ok but the guitarist does seem to be full of himself doesn't he?"

HaHa!!

Very cool Brian! I will download. It would also be cool to order an old school pressing of some old school punk sounds. Local vinyl pressings of punkish stuff are so fun!

sunvalleylaw
April 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
PS - I am drafting an apellate brief for a public defender client right now. clicked on the playlist for some inspirational listening whilst drafting!

Brian Krashpad
April 21st, 2012, 03:45 PM
Ok, we know what we get in the comments section, but this was too amusing to pass up, after reading the review and comments: "I've seen videos of the band. They sound ok but the guitarist does seem to be full of himself doesn't he?"

HaHa!!

Very cool Brian! I will download. It would also be cool to order an old school pressing of some old school punk sounds. Local vinyl pressings of punkish stuff are so fun!

That made me laugh too! That Ted Nugent, isn't he full of himself? That Rick Nielsen, isn't he full of himself? That Angus Young, isn't he full of himself?

Which is not to actually put myself with those greats, but that is for sure the entertainment value I aspire to pass along.

Different strokes!

sunvalleylaw
April 21st, 2012, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I certainly didn't agree with him. He just made me laugh. Goofy comments are just gonna happen online. Just ask Robert!

Eric
April 23rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
That made me laugh too! That Ted Nugent, isn't he full of himself? That Rick Nielsen, isn't he full of himself? That Angus Young, isn't he full of himself?

Which is not to actually put myself with those greats, but that is for sure the entertainment value I aspire to pass along.
That's something I'd never thought about before -- that self-adulation is actually a big component of a guitarist's entertainment quiver -- but it's a decent point. That being said, just 'cause those guys acted that way doesn't mean that it's a false statement WRT you. No offense...just sayin'.

Brian Krashpad
April 23rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
That's something I'd never thought about before -- that self-adulation is actually a big component of a guitarist's entertainment quiver -- but it's a decent point. That being said, just 'cause those guys acted that way doesn't mean that it's a false statement WRT you. No offense...just sayin'.

None taken, but my point is that its truth or falsity as to me is irrelevant.

The poster is saying that like it's a bad thing. WTF? He just doesn't get it. A front person in a rock band had better be at least a bit "full of" himself or herself. At least any rock band I wanna see.

Go big or go home. ;)

Eric
April 23rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
None taken, but my point is that its truth or falsity as to me is irrelevant.

The poster is saying that like it's a bad thing. WTF? He just doesn't get it. A front person in a rock band had better be at least a bit "full of" himself or herself. At least any rock band I wanna see.

Go big or go home. ;)
I get you. But I am allowing for the fact that maybe that commenter likes Fleet Foxes and Radiohead more than Ted Nugent and Van Halen. To him/her, the bravado isn't a necessary ingredient of music, which would be the not-getting-it part. Seems like an defendable comment from my POV though.

I should probably just stop talking. Congrats on your record, BTW.

Brian Krashpad
April 23rd, 2012, 02:02 PM
I get you. But I am allowing for the fact that maybe that commenter likes Fleet Foxes and Radiohead more than Ted Nugent and Van Halen. To him/her, the bravado isn't a necessary ingredient of music, which would be the not-getting-it part. Seems like an defendable comment from my POV though.

I should probably just stop talking. Congrats on your record, BTW.

Naw, no need not to discuss it! Besides I'm a cranky ol' argumentative sort, I actually kinda like to argue. Or discuss. It's intellectually stimulating. It's fun! You're a smart guy and I've always liked discussing stuff with you.

Here's why you're wrong. :D

Valid criticism is of necessity highly contextual.

If one goes to an Iggy Pop concert and complains that the vocalist is incapable of a proper operatic coloratura, while the statement is objectively true, it is nevertheless totally invalid criticism. Iggy is not doing opera. Certain grundnorms apply for any subjective judging of artistic merit, and one ignores such norms at his or her peril.

The country music fan who complains about the metal song not once mentioning dogs or trains or trucks or God or America may be absolutely factually correct, but his criticism is just as invalid as is that of the metal fan who complains that the guitars in a country song do not bring the brutalz.

The judge at the Westminster Kennel Club who refuses to name the top greyhound as best in breed because the judge prefers short stubby legs like on a cute li'l Corgi may factually be correct-- the hound does not in fact have short stubby legs-- but his or her criticism could not be more wrongerer.

Or to bring it round specifically to your hypothetical, wtf is Mr. Fleet Foxes doing at "Two Guys Metal Reviews?" Here, the invalidity of his (or her) criticism is much more easily shown than in most instances-- the grundnorms of many artistic endeavors are simply collectively understood by those practitioners and fans, whereas here we hardly need go further than the very title of the webpage to see that our hypothetical Fleet Foxes fan is out of his depth. A certain brashness and swagger is part of the raison d'etre of punk rock, and the review quite accurately makes clear we aren't trying to be anything but that.

Now, what might be a valid criticism of Crash Pad given this titular context is that we are not, in fact a metal band. However, careful consideration would undercut much of even that much superior critique, given that the page's "about" subpage clarifies as follows: "Yes, we do reviews outside of the metal umbrella genre, the primary focus here however, is metal, or genres that contributed to the establishment of the metal genre." It's an historical/musicological fact that punk and metal are related genres, and the Two Guys themselves have declared their page somewhat more inclusive than strictly metal. So, although much more valid a critic than Mr. Fleet Foxes, even Mr. Death to False Metal must concede the field.

Had the guy just said we were lousy at being a punk band, I'd have no quibble. That's where the pure subjectivity of criticism kicks in.

sunvalleylaw
April 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Naw, no need not to discuss it! Besides I'm a cranky ol' argumentative sort, I actually kinda like to argue. Or discuss. It's intellectually stimulating. It's fun! You're a smart guy and I've always liked discussing stuff with you.

:AOK Fun discussion! We lawyers like to discuss stuff. Sometimes it drives my wife crazy. I think she thinks I am bit full of myself when I do that. :dance

Brian Krashpad
April 23rd, 2012, 02:25 PM
:AOK Fun discussion! We lawyers like to discuss stuff. Sometimes it drives my wife crazy. I think she thinks I am bit full of myself when I do that. :dance

Professional hazard. I use waaaaay too many big words, too. Another sign of fullness of self. Mea culpa.

Oh shite, LATIN!

Hoist by my own petard.

Although the use of "petard" alone is enough...

Eric
April 23rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
I didn't watch the review in question, so it probably wouldn't be wise to get into a pissing match on the internet, even with you. If this was real life I'd discuss it with you for sure, but it's not. If you'd like to view it within the context of you winning, it's no problem on my end. Have it your way, dude.

piebaldpython
April 23rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Krash and SVL.......LMAO guys!!! :rollover Krash, you're absolutely right. Things have to be looked at within the sphere of the arena you're playing in.

What is termed a "classic" in one place may be something entirely different in another.

sunvalleylaw
April 23rd, 2012, 03:41 PM
Professional hazard. I use waaaaay too many big words, too. Another sign of fullness of self. Mea culpa.

Oh shite, LATIN!

Hoist by my own petard.

Although the use of "petard" alone is enough...

HaHaHaHa!!!! Eric, we're just kidding around. I wouldn't worry about it.

Eric
April 23rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
HaHaHaHa!!!! Eric, we're just kidding around. I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah, no worries. I just know that it's really difficult to have serious discussions on the 'net when opinions differ. I think my last post was proof of that, because it comes off as kind of pissy, which isn't how I was feeling.

sunvalleylaw
April 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
It's all good. We around here usually do a decent job of having a respectful discussion, even if we disagree. One of the things I like about this place. Not too much of the above would qualify as a "serious" discussion though! ;)

Brian Krashpad
April 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
I didn't watch the review in question, so it probably wouldn't be wise to get into a pissing match on the internet, even with you. If this was real life I'd discuss it with you for sure, but it's not. If you'd like to view it within the context of you winning, it's no problem on my end. Have it your way, dude.

It's really not about that.

:socool

Eric
April 23rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
It's really not about that.

:socool
I figured. Just throwin' it out there. I also wanted to throw in a Big Lebowski quote.

Brian Krashpad
April 23rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
I figured. Just throwin' it out there. I also wanted to throw in a Big Lebowski quote.

Wait you mean "Just throwing it out there?" Or is there one in the prior post?

Now you got me confusedicated.

Eric
April 23rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
"Have it your way, dude."

Brian Krashpad
April 23rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
"Have it your way, dude."

Oh man I TOTALLY missed that one. Shame shame! :thwap

Time to get out the DVD and watch again. I wonder if our cabin on the ship would have a DVD player. Probably not. Besides Mrs. K would throw me off the boat if I spent time watching the Big Lebowski on a cruise! Next week, come to Krash!