PDA

View Full Version : For all Toronto-area Guitarists

RobQ
April 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
On Thursday April 12 the Sound Academy in Toronto is hosting a great concert with a lineup of fabulous guitarists and performers for an excellent cause. I'm one of the organizers and am spreading the word about this event.

It's called Rock for Jeff Healey Park.

Performers include: Randy Bachman, MonkeyJunk, Jack DeKeyzer, Tony 'Wild T' Springer, Steve Strongman, Danny Marks, Pat Rush, Chuck Jackson, Lamont James, and Robin Banks.

Every penny raised will go to retrofit the playground at Jeff Healey Park in Etobicoke, to make it accessible for kids with disabilities.

There will also be a silent auction of cool Canadian rock and roll memorabilia, including a tour programme and drum head autographed by all the members of Rush, and other cool memorabilia from a who's who of Canadian music.

Tickets are only $25 in advance at ticketmaster, or $30 at the door. The show starts at 9pm and ends soon after midnight, so don't worry if you have to go to work the next day!

Jeff was my friend for over 25 years; the park renaming last year and this concert this year have been real labours of love for me. I hope lots of members of this forum will come on down to the Sound Academy, check out this amazing show, and support a great cause in memory of a great Canadian musician.

Tickets for sale here: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000487ADCD2A0F0?artistid=743132&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52

Robert
April 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Wish I could go. Best of luck.