PDA

View Full Version : Contoured heel?

M29
December 10th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Hello,
I am considering sanding a contoured heel on my Warmoth body I bought a while back. I was curious what your opinion was whether you all liked a contoured heel or that is was not that important. This is on a Jazzmaster style body with a Strat neck.

Thanks as always for your time and help.

M29

Plank_Spanker
December 10th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I have a straight up Strat style custom guitar with a contoured heel.

It's mahvelous!

It feels good not to run into an inch thick square block when you're reaching upper frets. :D

Katastrophe
December 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM
My Ibanez has the old school heel, but the ESP is contoured. I never really noticed that much of a difference, but I guess it all comes down to the amount of time you spend on the upper frets of the neck. I've seen and played some guitars with no neckplate at the heel, where the neck is held on by just screws and washers, and those were nice and really well blended together, but the hole pattern is different than the traditional Fender style heel, which I think is what Warmoth uses on their bodies.

I'd try some contoured heel guitars out at a music store first, though. Warmoth bodies ain't cheap, and it's kinda hard to put wood back on if you change your mind...;) :D

M29
December 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys for the info!

M29