PDA

View Full Version : Blues Jr New speaker ideas?

sixstringdrug
May 5th, 2012, 02:44 PM
ok, after much diagnosis i have determined there is a small tear in my stock Bj speaker and it has been high time for awhile to replace it. any suggestions? I play mostly blues and classic rock and am a huge fan of texas blues sound. I have researched the celestions and eminence, leaning towards either a vintage 30 or the texas heat or cannabis rex. i am open to any suggestions so i can do my due diligence before pulling the trigger. Sound off fretters

Radioboy950
May 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Check this out...from the guys at WGS
http://wgs4.com/content/g12c

Tig
May 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Personally, I'd go with the Cannabis Rex.

Here's an excellent article to read before choosing, from BillM Audio, "The Right Speaker for your Blues Junior":
http://billmaudio.com/wp/?page_id=295

duhvoodooman
May 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Personally, I'd go with the Cannabis Rex.
That's exactly what I did with my Blues Junior. Very satisfied with the Cannabis Rex in mine.

sixstringdrug
May 6th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I am leaning more towards the cannabis rex based on the price difference, they have a good reputation and plenty of positive reviews in the BJ. I'm a researchaholic though and always want to feel like I'm making the best decision the first time. Helps me sleep at night!!

sixstringdrug
May 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Also, any thoughts on the eminence GB128?

Commodore 64
May 10th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Love my C-Rex, it's in a stand-alone cab. I vary between my 5E3 and Pro Jr., both sound great. TBH, I've never really heard a modern speaker I don't like. They are all a little different, but all sound good.

sixstringdrug
June 4th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Ok, i was about to pull the trigger on a c-rex but then a brand new vintage 30 fell out of the sky at a killer price. needless to say it has since been installed and sounds stellar! i am considering building an extension cab and most likely will try c rexs in that. Project for another day!

modernp
September 10th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I put a ev12l in mine but you need to reverse the baffle to make it work. Best sound I have ever gotten out of a blues junior.