PDA

View Full Version : NPD: DVM Mini Klone

kidsmoke
May 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Wanted to give a shout out to the man, DuhVoodooMan. It should come as no surprise to anyone here that getting my hands on this pedal was completely without hassles of any kind, quick, and as advertised. I'm 2 for 2 in this regard, and don't expect to ever have any other type of transaction.

This is a cool pedal. I'm new to overdrive pedals, have seen myself as something of a purist, but really I'm just a relative newb. Got rid of the roland modelling amp, and into a few tube amps. Two of them, the Bugera and the Ampeg, have nice clean tones, and don't break up until pushed, which of course is not an easy thing to do in the average neighborhood. I wanted to get into that breakup spot at lower volumes, but I don't go for gain-ey sounding amps, I like that "organic", "just starting to go" point.

So with Bob's feedback regarding this pedal (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/20245-F-S-MKC1-quot-Mini-Klon-quot-Boost-Overdrive), I figured I'd give it a try. There are other pedals available that seem reasonably priced, but this seemed like it aimed at the same territory as those I was considering, is modeled after one of the most admired pedals built, and the money pays my buddy's bills/feed his habit, rather than rent for a big box store...so It was a no brainer.

So far, it does what I wanted. Particularly through the Bugera, in clean, both my humbucker loaded 535 and my tele sound awesome with the boost. Just an added push on those mid fret (7-14) d/g string riffs....man. Has me turning up to innapropriate volumes anyway, I can't get enough. Hearing driven tubes, as opposed to the gain settings...it's night and day. The openness of the sound combined with the barely breaking up......man. ton of fun.

So Thanks DVM! cool new step on my journey, and I'm glad to have your name on my board (again!)

Pics and details about the pedal available at the link above....and what the hell....here it is again. (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/20245-F-S-MKC1-quot-Mini-Klon-quot-Boost-Overdrive)

kidsmoke
May 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
meant to post this in "pedals and effects" if'n yous mods wanna move it. sorry!

duhvoodooman
May 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Glad to hear you're enjoying the pedal, TK! Like my wife says, I do nice work.....not much, but nice! ;)