PDA

View Full Version : Room for one more??

Miller77
May 9th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone! Im in the transition of making the move back to guitar after several years of playing bass. Main reason for the move is due to the fact that I band that I formed had some internal issues and I elected to walk away. After some time looking for another gig and having no luck, I decided to just start writing my own material.

With that said I was able to acquire a Fender Highway One Strat and a Peavey Valveking 112 recently. Im pretty happy with this set up. Will probably post a few questions in detail later. Kinda like to make a few mod's.

Also I have a son, that Im liable to talk about alot. He's 10 months old, and is a prodigy in the making. We started him before he was born listening to the Beatles, and after he was born he slept to Robert Johnson and Muddy Waters. Now, Id say his favorite's are Nirvana and Guns N Roses. He sits and watch's concert dvds and videos like most kids watch cartoons. I will admit though it seems like The Hotdog Song, from Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse is his favorite song overall. We have already got him a mini Strat, a Mikro Ibanez bass, a mini piano, a ukelye and he's stole his older brothers snare drum and sticks. He plays them all, but it appears the piano and drum is his favorite.

Anyways, I look forward to the discussions of the future and hope to make some good friends around here. :AOK

Spudman
May 9th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the forum and back to guitar.

Tig
May 9th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Miller77!

Katastrophe
May 9th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Welcome!

You've got a great rig there. I'm a fan of the Highway 1 Strat, and got great tones out of the ValveKing I played through a while back.

We did the same thing with our youngest. Before she was born, we played everything from Mozart to Johnny Cash through some headphones attached to my wife's tummy. YouTube Beatles videos were just the ticket to get her to go to sleep when she was fussy. "Let it Be" was a favorite. She enjoys all kinds of music now, and loves to strum on the guitar, and play "drums".

FrankenFretter
May 10th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Welcome aboard!

riverrick
May 10th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Welcome to The Fret Miller77. Lots of cool people here.

R_of_G
May 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Good to have you here Miller.

Good for you exposing your kid to music as early as possible. My daughter (who will be four next month) has been inundated with music since she was in the womb as well. She's gone through a lot of different phases with what she likes and doesn't, but she consistently asks for Neil Young and Steve Earle so I know she's on the right track. When she plays her piano and harmonica together she always tells me she's Neil Young.

Radioboy950
May 10th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Welcome to a great online community...a place for chit-chat, advice, reviews, research, tech stuff...you name it.