PDA

View Full Version : NGD: 1953 Fender Telecaster

Perfect Stranger
May 12th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Well, of course not....really! But kinda....here's what I did. I took my Squier CV Custom and tore out the guts.
Then built all new guts using this 1953 wiring diagram from Seymour Duncan.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1953_tele

I used vintage push back wire throughout, NOS Sprague .005 caps, A250K pots, Oakley switch, a Fender Vintage
Noiseless in the neck, and a Tonerider Vintage in the bridge. I gotta say, it turned out amazing, even if I do say
so myself.

The bridge has that Tele twang that we all know and love, but the neck has a syrupy sweet, almost jazz-like
sound, while the mid-blend has almost the same as the neck only fatter/fuller. I couldn't be more pleased.

So, while I didn't REALLY get a NGD 1953 Fender Tele, I kinda did...:drool

Katastrophe
May 12th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I'll admit it... You got me on this one.

Congrats on the new wiring!

Brian Krashpad
May 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Ha! I have a '52 RI US Vintage SeriesTele that I'm guessing has the same wiring scheme.

Ch0jin
May 22nd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Wow, that's a bit of a stretch to say a reworked Squier is almost a '53 Tele, especially considering everything in it is new sans the NOS cap.

However, Congrats! Sounds like the job worked out really well! I need to get posting too as I've recently done a bunch of guitar mods myself!