PDA

View Full Version : NPD: A Couple Boss....

Miller77
May 16th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Last week I went a local music consignment shop and acquired a Ibanez TS9. Ive done alot of trades and never had issues, however this pedal changed that. Turn's out to have a faulty switch, and wouldnt turn off and on as it should. So I took it back and the guy gave me a option to wait a few days to a week and they'd fix it or I could take something else out of the case. Seeing how tomarrow I have a meet and greet with a drummer to potentialy start a new project I took something else.

A Boss OD-2, 2 channel overdrive with a crunch and lead channels. What I found cool was that because I held on a old footswitch I can activate both channels without having to bend over.

I also saw a Boss TR-2 Tremelo, which I picked up for $50. I had a amp awhile back that had tremelo instead of reverb and really enjoyed it. I have to admit Ive been messing with the TR-2 more than the OD-2 since I got home.

Spudman
May 16th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Those TS9 switches are cheap and easy to replace. If you can make a good deal on it it would be worth picking up. Since the seller knows it has some issues you might be able to get it super cheap.

markb
May 17th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Is that an OD-2r Turbo Overdrive or an SD-2 Dual Overdrive? The SD-2 lead channel is fantastic. I can't think of another OD quite like it.

Miller77
May 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I doubt he would of sold it cheaper just cos of a broken switch. All he had to do was send it next door to the main store and have it repaired and the store would of been able to still get their asking price. Could be wrong of course but Im happy with the SD-2.

My mistake, it is a SD-2 dont know what I was thinking....Guess OD----Over Drive-----SD----?????? :help

kidsmoke
May 17th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Guess OD----Over Drive-----SD----?????? :help

super drive. duh. KIDDING.

I'm not a big pedal guy. Just exploring that arena really. Like you had an amp with no reverb, and wanted it, so I got a reverb pedal. Turned it up so I could JUST hear it. Then I got an amp with Tremolo and no 'verb. Loved the tremolo, so I'd use the verb on that amp, and bought a Tremolo pedal for when I was on the other amp. Then I wanted to reach that breakup sound on the clean channel so I recently got a boost/drive, again, turning so it JUST starts to do it's thing.

So much for no pedals. Now I'm looking for pedal boards!! :dude