PDA

View Full Version : Contributing member frustration

piebaldpython
May 18th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I want to renew my Contributing Member status for Bronze Membership. I have PayPal and tried to pay that way.......but the freakin' PayPal said I needed to submit my credit card info. Say what? My PayPal is tightly controlled off a separate bank account with little money in it...on purpose just in case some jerk tries to siphon money.

OK, so then I figured I'll just make the Contributing Member renewal through a credit card charge. I try to do that and....say what?...it now says I have to submit my PayPal info to back up the CC. You have got to be kidding me!!!

Why oh why is this so freakin' difficult? I mean, I pay for $1300 custom lap steels via PayPal and never have any problem like this.

Robert, you can just send me a PayPal bill for the membership...but I'm not tying my PayPal into my CC...that just ain't happening that way.

Robert
May 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Oh, I am not sure why PayPal is doing that. I will investigate - sorry for the trouble.

player
June 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM
almost ditto here except PayPal worked to donate.it just does not show yet that it happened or there would be a percentage for this month.

piebaldpython
June 18th, 2012, 08:55 AM
You must have the magic touch Player...........because I just tried yet again to do the Contributing Member thing and.......once again I have to supply credit card info along with my PayPal info. Funny thing is that when you bring up the Membership/Donation site it tells you that you have to use PayPal.

Unfreakin' believeable.

On a side note.......I just ordered DVDs from a place I have dealt w/previously. When I ordered I had to use my credit card.....but in the past I had used PayPal.

So I asked about that on his webpage.....and he replied by saying that PayPal had become a pain in the butt....that they didn't let him know all the time when people had paid or what they had ordered....and he got tired of sitting around with egg on his face if anyone inquired about an order.

davewrites
June 18th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I contributed this weekend via PayPal and didn't experience any pushback. My default payment source is a bank account with a credit card as backup.

PayPal appears to be exhibiting some DACB (deliberate ***-covering behaviour).