PDA

View Full Version : NAD... AD30VT wooha, nice!

poodlesrule
May 19th, 2012, 04:36 AM
I swear.. I have no recollection of how I got the idea I needed a new amph, or how I got to pick that model.
I paid for it, I remember that part, so it's good, I did not steal it in my sleep..!

Actually the current version of poor excuse for GAS is that I have two music places, so I need a good assortment at either place. I fall for it every time, fail-proof!

Very interesting critter, this thing. I think we will be getting along just fine.
A different take on modelling compared to a Cube, I guess.

Two minor notes:
My years working in the tech writing area tell me Vox could use a bit more work in the writing of manuals. There are methods to presenting tech. information clearly. And drop the '"Hey, this is written for guitarists, you know" casual tone. Not helpful.

Why is it that a major retailer cannot spend 4 minutes to wipe some of the crud on used equipment they sell, rather that pricing it low, is beyond me. Works for me.

Looks like our very own DVM has great VT resources!

deeaa
May 19th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Congrats, it's a nice one...snappy british sounds. Never got a decent drive sound out of it so I swapped a Marshall speaker for mine, and it improved the drive sounds considerably, making them not that far from Tech-21's or Behri GMX series...but after that the cleans were nowhere as nice as before, so it was kinda a downgrade for overall usability. The original speaker gave great clean/british bright-crunchy tones, it's a very flat-frequency speaker so the modeled sounds work best with it. If I still had it I could A/B it and the GMX behri and get a really superb array of sounds.

markb
May 19th, 2012, 08:38 AM
ADxxVT? Select AC15 model, gain up to about 2 o/c, ride volume control for clean/crunch. Use transparent OD for solo boost. Joy! :D

HNAD!