PDA

View Full Version : Mad Poodle... Electrical box extender of poor design!

poodlesrule
May 23rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
I finally installed drywall in a spare room, and needed electrical box extenders, and bought some. The silly thing's flanges are too narrow to sit on anything, when, like I did, you cut your drywall opening right to match the outline of existing box.

Now I have to make eraser-size patches, and mud them in. Like I do not have better things to do. grrr

I feel like creating a crowd-sourced Hall of Shame site featuring poor products (like this one) found in the marketplace, so manufacturers would take notice...

Spudman
May 23rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Ahh, the joys of home ownership.

Katastrophe
May 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Take the time and cost of doing a project, and double it. That's the only way I've found to realistically figure out how long it's gonna take, and how much it's gonna cost.

I feel for ya, man. Home projects suck. I once had a $50 faucet replacement in a bathroom turn into a $400 replumb and mini-remodel. One thing just led to another.

Good luck, and I hope it turns out well for you!

poodlesrule
May 23rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Take the time and cost of doing a project, and double it....
I once had a $50 faucet replacement in a bathroom turn into a $400 replumb...

Good luck, and I hope it turns out well for you!

I think the time factor is x4

Most of our "main" house's plumbing was built in 1931, and I need to nurse the thing like a newborn..!

All set. Almost...now my primer is too old and smell funny, so I have to drop everything the get fresh. And sadly, no music store on the way!