PDA

View Full Version : Fret Net Birthday

Tim
December 14th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Robert – I was going through the calendar and noticed there is no mention of the Birthday for the Fret Net. I think you should indicate on the calendar the day you went public with the Net. Personally I think it would be a good day to stay home from work and just play guitar. Ok, another reason. Maybe even write a small history of how it came to be and who were your 5 or 10 members. Then make it a sticky. It would be good for new members to read.

Robert
December 14th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Ahh, good idea Tim! I think we just passed that birthday a few weeks ago.

Thanks everyone for making this place great!

R

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Wasn't it in September Rob? Wasn't I member number 2 or 3?

Tim
December 14th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Wasn't it in September Rob? Wasn't I member number 2 or 3?

Tone - Now that is what I call bragging rights! Number 2 is very significant. How did you find the Fret Net as new as it was? There were no posts on the Net that Google could identify its search engine too.

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 11:51 AM
I used to email Robert from his Dolphin site. During our emails he had mentioned the idea of starting a forum of his own. We were both members of the Fender Discussion Page Forum and thats where I knew Robert from. He asked me what I thought of it and would ask me the types of sub forums he should have etc. Then one day he built it and during this time he'd refer to me on how it looked and worked. He asked me if I would help moderate. I think it was Robert and Vital that were numbers 1 and 2 and so I'm thinking I had to have been a member right after that.

Robert
December 14th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Tremoloman was the guy who came up with the original idea. He was tired of certain guitar forums and said he wished he knew how to set up his own. That's what put the idea in motion. I decided to do just that. Tone came along right at that time and became a member right away.

Tim
December 14th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Tremoloman was the guy who came up with the original idea. He was tired of certain guitar forums and said he wished he knew how to set up his own. That's what put the idea in motion. I decided to do just that. Tone came along right at that time and became a member right away.

We wait with anticipation for some words of wisdom from our very own Tremoloman. This is very interesting stuff here gentlemen!

Cranium
December 14th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I haven't seen T-man post around lately (bloozcat either) where are they?

Robert
December 14th, 2006, 02:14 PM
T-man is working a lot lately, he told me. I'm sure he'll stop by soon though.

R

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2006, 02:33 PM

Wow, what an original Trio!! A Trifecta even! Sure glad you guys did it.

Robert
December 14th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Tremoloman's join date: September 3rd, 2005
Tone's join date: September 14th, 2005

marnold
December 14th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Wow, what an original Trio!! A Trifecta even! Sure glad you guys did it.
And there was THREE of them! :D

Tim
December 14th, 2006, 04:09 PM
The three amigos
The three musketeers
Three men and a guitar

warren0728
December 14th, 2006, 04:11 PM
the three stooges!! :p

sorry....couldn't resist!! :p :D :DR

ww

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM
the three stooges!! :p

sorry....couldn't resist!! :p :D :DR

ww

I wanna be Moe! (looks for the Moe smiley and doesn't find one)

Tim
December 14th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Warren, you dirty dog!!! I had that written down and decided to delete it before posting. I had some other names, but I will let other Fretters try their luck.

warren0728
December 14th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Warren, you dirty dog!!!
bark bark....i gotta be me! :DR :cool: :D :p

ww

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2006, 04:28 PM
The three amigos
The three musketeers
Three men and a guitar

Tres hombres?!:DR :DR :DR

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Tres hombres?!:DR :DR :DR

Yeahhh and I wanna be Billy next!

warren0728
December 14th, 2006, 04:42 PM
lol tone...your avatar and saying cracked me up! :D

ww

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 04:44 PM
lol tone...your avatar and saying cracked me up! :D

ww

Yeah? Well...now we're even. Cept it's your welcomes that crack me up not your avatar. :)

Spudman
December 14th, 2006, 05:53 PM
You forgot the three re-uniting in 2007 for the "Turn It On Again" tour. Genesis. Remember the album - "And Then There Were Three"? Ya, me either, but up till then things sounded pretty good.

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 11:17 PM
You forgot the three re-uniting in 2007 for the "Turn It On Again" tour. Genesis. Remember the album - "And Then There Were Three"? Ya, me either, but up till then things sounded pretty good.

*a resounding HUH?*

Hand me one of those ales will ya.... :D

Myles
December 18th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Tremoloman's join date: September 3rd, 2005
Tone's join date: September 14th, 2005
vitalmyles: September 2nd, 2005 :R

Tim
December 18th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I believe the Toneman just got degraded by the Quiet One.

Myles
December 19th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I believe the Toneman just got degraded by the Quiet One.
Haha the Quiet one. Yes I suppose thats fitting. (although I do remain in the Top 30 in total posts :D )

In case you forgot Tim, you were member number 27. You currently rank 5th in post count I might add making you the Unquiet One :p

SuperSwede
December 20th, 2006, 03:55 AM
In case you forgot Tim, you were member number 27. You currently rank 5th in post count I might add making you the Unquiet One :p

I better not make a comment on that.... :D

Tim
December 20th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Vitalmyles - Thank you Sir. Number 27. I consider that an honor. We sure have grown since the early days.

SuperSwede – I got your number … and it isn’t your member number!