PDA

View Full Version : 60th Anniversary Strat - why why WHY!

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Why did I go to Music Go Round today! Dangit! No I don't have a new Strat but I thought about it. ;)

Used 60th Anniversary...the one that sunvalley has...mint condition for $349.00 Dang. If my music room was already built I would have snagged it right then. Oh well more deals will come through next summer. :) Carry on....

Robert
December 14th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Buy it and send it to me. If it was really super, I'd go for it unseen! What color?

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Buy it and send it to me. If it was really super, I'd go for it unseen! What color?

Ok...what about a finders fee of say ohhhh....$200? :) hahaha

It was the MIM Blizzard Pearl color with maple neck. It was brand new...someone sold it to the store for dirt cheap.

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Why did I go to Music Go Round today! Dangit! No I don't have a new Strat but I thought about it. ;)

Used 60th Anniversary...the one that sunvalley has...mint condition for $349.00 Dang. If my music room was already built I would have snagged it right then. Oh well more deals will come through next summer. :) Carry on....

Someone go get it!! I love mine! Robert, it's still your birthday week and you were looking hard at one time. Well . . . . :p

Tone, did you play it?

Plank_Spanker
December 14th, 2006, 01:53 PM
LOL!!

There have been several occasions that I've had to run out of a music store before temptation over ruled common sense.

..........................cold sweats and all! :D

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 01:57 PM
No I didn't get to play it (plugged into amp that is)...I just manhandled and caressed it and played it unplugged. ;) That and a Suhr Strat which I told Robert about. The Suhr was nice too. A bit more though as you would imagine.

Plank - Thats funny you said that because I practically had to walk out that door quick because I was already thinking of ways to justify getting it. My Fenders are all rosewood necked....I am gassing for a maple neck at a reasonable price. The 60th would have fit that bill perfectly.

Robert
December 14th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Stop it!!! Don't do this to GAS-prone people! Arrrgh!

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Rob - I'll buy either the Suhr Strat or the 60th for you...the price MGR is asking for...then you drive all the way down and meet me to pick them up. All for the low price of what they cost plus a $300 finders fee. :D Wouldn't that still be cheaper than import prices or your Canadien duties? ;)

Robert
December 14th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Sure, I'll be there next week!

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Sure, I'll be there next week!

Ok! I'll buy you a beer or two. ;)

Katastrophe
December 14th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I played one during a recent visit to Strait Music in Austin. Best Strat in the store, even compared to the USA Strats they had. Something about those maple fretboards that are appealing to me right now.

I applaud your courage and ability to stand up and walk out in the face of immense GAS pressure. That's why I have to be chaperoned in music stores. The employees see me coming, and when they spot the drool coming out of the corners of my mouth, you should see the dollar signs light up in their eyes.

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I played one during a recent visit to Strait Music in Austin. Best Strat in the store, even compared to the USA Strats they had. Something about those maple fretboards that are appealing to me right now.

I applaud your courage and ability to stand up and walk out in the face of immense GAS pressure. That's why I have to be chaperoned in music stores. The employees see me coming, and when they spot the drool coming out of the corners of my mouth, you should see the dollar signs light up in their eyes.

Kata - my face was flush and hot to the touch. I knew I better walk out of there fast 'cept all I ended up doing was standing back halfway into the store looking back at the guitar with the wheels turning in my head and my feet walking me backwards towards the door. I almost gave into temptation buddy! I walked outside the door and uttered a small expletive as I smiled and shook my head going..."some dude is gonna walk in there and snag a good deal". ***expletive once more***

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Ok! I'll buy you a beer or two. ;)

Ok Robert, then head back up my way, (bring Tone,pick up Spud because he is on the way), and I will buy you all beers and a couple lessons from you in person with our matching strats!! Tone and Spud need to bring guitars too so we can all goof off! We can also hit Baldy for a few runs. Oh, the guys weekend I am developing in my mind!! :DR

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Yeahhhhhh guys weekend arrrr arrrr arrrrrr. I'm there man.

I haven't ski'd in years....I haven't spelled skied right in years either. heh

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Yeahhhhhh guys weekend arrrr arrrr arrrrrr. I'm there man.

I haven't ski'd in years....I haven't spelled skied right in years either. heh

Yeah, we better check the fret map and make sure no one else is on the route to pick up. :D

Tone2TheBone
December 14th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah, we better check the fret map and make sure no one else is on the route to pick up. :D

Robert's gonna need an Econoline van.

Btw what kind of pickups did Fender put in that Strat?

sunvalleylaw
December 14th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Robert's gonna need an Econoline van.

Btw what kind of pickups did Fender put in that Strat?

Hummers are popular around here, he could rent a stretch version, or the Blues Brothers blues mobile, or that highly modded car from animal house!!

As to pickups Fender put in 3 Tex-Mex single coils. Here are the full specs:

http://www.fender.com/products/view_specs.php?full_partno=0146002&name=60th+Anniversary+Standard+Stratocaster%26reg% 3B

I just finished my guitar lesson and was working the neck pick up tonight on my instructors 2x12 Peavey. Way fun!!

Katastrophe
December 14th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Kata - my face was flush and hot to the touch. I knew I better walk out of there fast 'cept all I ended up doing was standing back halfway into the store looking back at the guitar with the wheels turning in my head and my feet walking me backwards towards the door. I almost gave into temptation buddy! I walked outside the door and uttered a small expletive as I smiled and shook my head going..."some dude is gonna walk in there and snag a good deal". ***expletive once more***

Yep, that's GAS all right. Sorta similar to Tourette's Syndrome. Fenders are a definite trigger.;) :D

SuperSwede
December 15th, 2006, 03:59 AM
They have both the precision bass and the strat in my local music store. They normally only sell tubas & violins there so I´m hoping for a real low price on that guitar when they realize that no one else wants it (?)
anyhow.. its a fantastic guitar, I´ve played it two times already and let me tell you that the quality on that guitar is top notch, much better than regular mex strats (which says a lot since the build quality on new mex fenders are really good these days).

ctguy1955
November 21st, 2010, 11:41 PM
http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1831

I saw one for 400 on craigslist and the guy had bought it brand new
and played it twice in 4 years and decided to sell it. Not a scratch
or dent or pick guard scrape .....MINT !!! I got a great deal on
a used MG30FX, and I bought a used Boss RC/2 and a OS/2 and
I am having so much fun with my MIM Strat !!!!

Now Im looking for a American Standard in ALL BLACK (except maple
neck and boards).

I believe for 2006, a bunch of the guys working at the Califoniia plant
went down home to help set up for this new model (2006 was routed
a little differently and had larger Blocks for the bridge, and was more
shielded and had stock american tuners too. Mine is a 8 or 9 if the
average stock MIM is a 5........I couldnt be more happy!!!:happy