PDA

View Full Version : Print your next guitar

Spudman
June 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
New technology will be giving us options that we haven't had before. This looks like it has potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zf5LfmP2tzY

tjcurtin1
June 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Wild! Pretty cool looking guitars, and the possibilities would seem to be endless!

Tig
June 2nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Tone is in the toner!

markb
June 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
And all this from Palmerston North :what

Spudman
June 2nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Tone is in the toner!

Gawd! The TGPers are going to crap.

R_of_G
June 2nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
No doubt 3D print technology is a very cool thing. Now, I'd like to see them build a guitar that doesn't look like somebody slapped a fretboard and a couple of pick-ups to a pair of Crocs.

Spudman
June 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
No doubt 3D print technology is a very cool thing. Now, I'd like to see them build a guitar that doesn't look like somebody slapped a fretboard and a couple of pick-ups to a pair of Crocs.

Maybe lace panties with little hearts, or maybe Popeye's head. The potential is amazing...and Crocks are pretty practical.

R_of_G
June 3rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
The potential is amazing...

No question. The more accessible this technology becomes, designers will begin to have a field day making custom instruments.

...and Crocks are pretty practical.

I have a pair myself (this is Florida after all). Very functional and comfortable, just hideously ugly.

Katastrophe
June 3rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
*Types in the following commands*

Print a:\ lespaulcustom
Print a:\ americandeluxetelecaster
Print a:\ amercanspecialstratocaster
Print a:\ es335

Done.

Seriously, this technology is like something out of Star Trek.

markb
June 3rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Well, I don't know about Star Trek but it was definitely a core concept in this Neal Stephenson novel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diamond_Age)

MarkHenry
June 6th, 2012, 12:23 AM
This is cool creation. I like it very much. The great thing about this guitars is they produce great sound with great look. Thanks for sharing this here with us.