PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a Wii(iiiiiiii)

SuperSwede
December 15th, 2006, 10:01 AM
We ordered a Wii today! Unfortunately so did many others so we might have to wait a couple of weeks (wii´ks?) before we get it. Man its going to be fun to play bowling in the living room!
Wii went all out and got additional controllers & a couple of games as well.

Wiiiiiiii :)

Tone2TheBone
December 15th, 2006, 10:27 AM
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?

Well they're going to replace the controllers did you know that?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16222369/

Tim
December 15th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Hey SS - Make sure you put a bulletproof window in front of your TV. I am reading where people are loosing their grip of the controllers and putting them through a lot of big screen TVs. Ouch $$$$$$.

Robert
December 15th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Cool machine! I bet kids will be healthier in general after moving around with this controller, compared to just pushing buttons with thumbs. Kids are getting fatter and unhealthier at a rapid pace, especially in North America.

DaveO
December 15th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Heard a report on NPR today about kids in the UK that are doing their best to keep up with US kids on the scales. Ride a bike kids!!

DaveO
December 15th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Sorry-not really Wii is it. Wish I could get one of the new consoles.

SuperSwede
December 16th, 2006, 02:42 AM
The straps are much thicker on the new Wiimotes because of this.

http://www.infinitpower.com/phpbb/album_pic.php?pic_id=197

oldguy
December 16th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Congrats, SS, sounds like Christmas got to your house a little early!:D

Myles
December 18th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Ya I must say I'm a little skeptical of the crazy controllers.

kerc
December 18th, 2006, 05:09 PM
The Wii is the only new generation console that gets my interest. I'm disappointed by the PS3...

SuperSwede
December 19th, 2006, 03:47 AM
I think that the controllers are the best thing with the wii.. It may have low specs compared to the other next-gen consoles but this thing is designed to be fun. Another really cool thing is the Virtual Console where you can download old game classics from Nintendo/Turbografx/Sega!

Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Wii competition at Swede's house this holiday! Btw what games did you get or which ones would you get?

SuperSwede
December 19th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hehe.. mine will come from shipping #5 or #6.. the demand for these babies have been huge! So you are all welcome... in February or something :p

We ordered the Wii (Wii Sports included) + the Wii Play (8 simple games + extra wiimote) + Zelda Twilight Princess. I will probably get Metroid Prime III when it comes out too.

Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Wow awesome man. In FEBRUARY?? Dang! Will yours come with the new straps too?

SuperSwede
December 19th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Probably...

You know, they have sold close to half a million units here in europe and another 2-3 shippings are already booked to pre-order customers, so it might take a long time before they actually became available in stores! I guess its the same in the US.

Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I think I saw some the other day at Target.

SuperSwede
December 19th, 2006, 11:22 AM
You should buy one Tone! They are really cheap!

Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I'm afraid we'd crack our widescreen hdtv! heh

I'm debating on whether to spend $200 this year on the PSP or wait until next year when they go down to $150......

SuperSwede
December 19th, 2006, 11:31 AM
It would be wise to wait until the christmas rush is over..

SuperSwede
February 5th, 2007, 04:28 AM
We still havent received our Wii! I sent a mail to the retailer last friday and were told that we now are at place #300 in the Wii queue. CRAP.

Tone2TheBone
February 5th, 2007, 10:36 AM
What?!?! You're Wiiless? Dangit!

SuperSwede
February 5th, 2007, 11:45 AM
My wife is away on a business trip this week, and I got the fridge full of beer. AND NO Wii! Perhaps I should run down to the mall and buy a Xbox360 instead (those are available by the truckloads)..

Tone2TheBone
February 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM
The wife is gone? Wooooo hoooooooo! When the cat's away!

That's a major drag. So it won't show up at all this week? I'd be dying to play some games too.

Big_Rob
February 5th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Becareful with the controllers!!!

Take a look at the carnage they have caused

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

SuperSwede
February 5th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Tone, its all great except when she calls and I have to tell her how boring it is without her ;)

BigRob, I plan to get a pair of these to protect my TV (and family) :

http://wii.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/76225/cuffs_qjpreviewth.jpg

Tone2TheBone
February 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
....Tone, its all great except when she calls and I have to tell her how boring it is without her ......

You're a smart man sir. ;)

duhvoodooman
February 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM
My wife is away on a business trip this week, and I got the fridge full of beer. AND NO Wii!
So play guitar and make recordings all weekend!! :DR

SuperSwede
March 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM
I just got the message that my Wii will not be delivered until 30/3 ! I cancelled the order and bought myself a nice Xbox360, wifi adapter + Gears of war and some Splinter Cell games (I love that sneaking slow gameplay)!

Any Xbox360 owners on the forum?

Tone2TheBone
March 1st, 2007, 03:02 PM
You cancelled the Wii? What you got though will work. :) Now you're making me want to buy a new system but the PS2 games aren't entirely out of date YET....getting close though. I give it about another year before I get something new.

Danzego
March 2nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
I just got the message that my Wii will not be delivered until 30/3 ! I cancelled the order and bought myself a nice Xbox360, wifi adapter + Gears of war and some Splinter Cell games (I love that sneaking slow gameplay)!

Any Xbox360 owners on the forum?

Ouch. No offense, but bad choice, in my opinion.

Of course I say that based on my own personal choice in games and what type of games are predominant on each system. The original XBox ranked the lowest of the last three consoles in regards to my taste (I just don't care for 40 different versions of the same basic first person shooter or military game and umpteen GTA wannabees) and the 360 is on its way to getting there, as well.

I'm a pretty big gamer (have been since the Atari 2600) and, as such, I do have all of the systems (and most released since back then, as a matter of fact). That is, except for the PS3, which I sold for $1500 within a couple hours of buying it back on its launch day; 500-600 dollars is out of line for a game console, so I sold it and now will essentially get one for free whenever there's a few games worth buying the system for. At least that's one advantage to the XBox 360- it's getting most of the same games as the PS3 will eventually be getting, save for whatever exclusives I'll undoubtedly HAVE to get a PS3 for.

Anyway, my point is I feel the Wii is worth waiting for. I've had it since launch and I love it..especially the new Legend of Zelda. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

At least the price isn't outrageous, so hopefully it won't be too much trouble saving up for one when they ARE readily available. :)

SuperSwede
March 2nd, 2007, 04:03 AM
T2tb, get yourself a nice 360. We can be Xbox LIVE friends and talk for HOURS (for free) about makeup and hairspray with our Live Headsets.

Danzego, well actually I played a lot of FPS games on my Xbox1 (I loved Halo 1 & 2), and I´m really looking forward to play all the Splinter Cell games (I´ve only played the first on Xbox). Sneak´em´up at its finest.
But as you said, some of the Wii games are awesome and I might get a Wii too, but right now its hopeless to find one.

Tone2TheBone
March 2nd, 2007, 12:33 PM
T2tb, get yourself a nice 360. We can be Xbox LIVE friends and talk for HOURS (for free) about makeup and hairspray with our Live Headsets.

Danzego, well actually I played a lot of FPS games on my Xbox1 (I loved Halo 1 & 2), and I´m really looking forward to play all the Splinter Cell games (I´ve only played the first on Xbox). Sneak´em´up at its finest.
But as you said, some of the Wii games are awesome and I might get a Wii too, but right now its hopeless to find one.

Now that would be cool to have some Halo competition going on between Sweden and USA. heeeeeeee

Dude you need to move over here the Wiis are all over the place! :o

SuperSwede
March 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah! We should have a Halo Fret.Net Clan :)

Tone2TheBone
November 27th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Ok it's been almost a year since this thread was started. So Swede you cancelled your Wii order correct? I was going to ask about it because my wife and I were considering getting one this year for the kids....and me....but mainly the kids. But now I see you don't even have one. Xbox 360 would be cool but the Wii sounds right for smaller kids.

So who does have a Wii system here then? What more can you tell me about them? I know they have a lot of "kid" games and sports games etc. I also know the graphics aren't all that great. What about first person view games does Wii play any? If so do you still use a gamepad? :poke:

SuperSwede
November 28th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I had to cancel the order because there was a shortage of Wii´s everywhere. I really love the 360, but I wouldn´t mind getting a Wii as well. I must say that first person shooters doesnt work very well with the Wii controls.

Tone2TheBone
November 28th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I had to cancel the order because there was a shortage of Wii´s everywhere. I really love the 360, but I wouldn´t mind getting a Wii as well. I must say that first person shooters doesnt work very well with the Wii controls.

Hmm that's what I was afraid of. But then again that's what PS2 is for. I still like the idea of family participation in gaming. The graphics on the Wii just look first generation Nintendo though. :( I hate to spend money on it this year and then have them come out with killer graphics the next. You know that always happens.

SuperSwede
November 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Hmm that's what I was afraid of. But then again that's what PS2 is for. I still like the idea of family participation in gaming. The graphics on the Wii just look first generation Nintendo though. :( I hate to spend money on it this year and then have them come out with killer graphics the next. You know that always happens.

Why dont you take your family to the store and check out the wii and the 360? I think that you will find that there are plenty of family oriented games available for the 360 (and a shockload of fun fps games for you). I played Viva Pinata Party with my 8 year old daughter Felicia and we both had a great time. We are also planning on getting "buzz" or whatever its called again.

Tone2TheBone
November 28th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Felicia rocks brother and so does the little man. I will do that this weekend thanks for the tip my friend.

SuperSwede
November 29th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Felicia rocks brother and so does the little man. I will do that this weekend thanks for the tip my friend.

Bring your camera and take some pics! And be sure to let me know how it goes :pancake

pes_laul
November 29th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Hey SS - Make sure you put a bulletproof window in front of your TV. I am reading where people are loosing their grip of the controllers and putting them through a lot of big screen TVs. Ouch $$$$$$.
thats why you tighten the wrist straps. I've had one since around october and I've really enjoyed. I cant remember if the game rockband is on the wii

Justaguyin_nc
January 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Bumping this thread...

A few weeks ago.. We went to the kids house for supper.. this time the WII and playstation2 was out and about..

I finally got to see what wii was about..enjoyed the heck out of bowling.. liked the golf.. even the stanima test..
I think I rated 76 years old..sigh.. I wasn't trying at the bowling..;)

then came the ps2 with American Idol and away we all went.. singing off key

My Lady liked it so much, I bought a ps2 just for that one game..

That's the first full game machine I bought since a Mattel Intellivision!
And the ps2 already at the end of its life span!

Now, I have tried a few of the shooters on it.. socom.. rainbowsix 3 (my favorite PC game) and I must say..
if it had a mouse and keyboard I would settle playing games on a ps2..
I kinda like the rumble controls..

With that said.. the Wii was a ton of fun but graphics wise...
well, I am not putting that kinda money out for those graphics..
I mean baseball.. you either pitch or bat which is fun as heck..
but then the computer does the rest with a head running around
the field on the end of a bat? its the 21st century..jeeezx..

I think a xbox360 might be in my future now.. probably used off ebay..
even those have pricetags that don't make sense to me..

I want a rockband and guitar hero..:) for when the good times roll..:rockon:

Tone2TheBone
January 29th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Justa! You and gaming?! That's awesome man I'm bringing all my PS2 Metal Gear Solid games for after band practice. :)

Justaguyin_nc
January 30th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Justa! You and gaming?! That's awesome man I'm bringing all my PS2 Metal Gear Solid games for after band practice. :)

I been gaming since pong...;) I had two boys.. between them and my brothers boys and him we had our own little clan
on Rainbowsix series for awhile on the PC..:) always online playing back then..
(PC games still rock and are the best)

I see why RainbowSix aint that popular on PS2... it's half the size maps.. yuck... but it's still fun..

Hey man. I want those metal gears..hear snake is really a bad arse...

Socom seems like a rip of RS series.. but its pretty good to..

Listen, you can bring the games to practice..but remember..guitars first! games second... till we get ROCKBAND...;)

:AOK:

SuperSwede
January 30th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Justa... get yourself a 360! Sweet control for FPS games, I dont miss the keyboard+mouse combo at all. Halo, Gears of War, Rainbow Six.. everything plays and looks fantastic on a 37" LCD HD TV :)

Tone2TheBone
January 30th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Rockband!

I love the Metal Gear series. I have all of them on PS2 with the exception of the Japanese Metal Gear original. I'd like to get that too.

Snake is awesome. Our kind of soldier. Get the first Metal Gear:Solid to get acquainted with the gameplay then get the others but do them in succession (MGS, MGS:Sons Of Liberty, MGS:Snake Eater). My favorites are the first Metal Gear:Solid and the last one in the PS2 format MGS:Snake Eater. AFter Snake Eater they made MGS:Portable Ops for PSP which I can't find. I do have the MGS:Portable Ops Plus version though. That one is kinda weird...you can only do mini ops and it's not a full fledged storyline game.

marnold
January 30th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I like my PS3, and I get to avoid any MS Taint (tm).

Justaguyin_nc
January 30th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I like my PS3, and I get to avoid any MS Taint (tm).

That just taint right Marnold... I hear there is a new Linux game machine comming out though very soon... mostly based on nascar and other road race series..

once they get drivers for it.. its gonna be awesome...:rotflmao:

SuperSwede
January 30th, 2008, 02:05 PM
once they get drivers for it.. its gonna be awesome...:rotflmao:

:D

Tone2TheBone
August 7th, 2008, 02:03 PM
So a year and 5 months has gone by after my prediction of getting a new gaming system. Enter the Wii. When they came out there were everywhere...now you can't find them unless a shipment comes in and you happen to be in the store at the right time. I ran into 2 units yesterday and I was shocked. I had to snag one of them. I guess they're still popular! This is going to be a family Christmas present this year so it's stuffed inside a closet until December 25th. If Voodooman can wait for his Gold Top that long I can wait for Zelda.

So again I ask...who's got Wii and what have you done with it? What kinds of games do you Wii'ers have? Anyone working out on the Wii Fit? What's your BMI? :)

SuperSwede
August 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Congrats T2tb!

The Zelda game and Metroid looks like two fun games!

Tone2TheBone
August 7th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Congrats T2tb!

The Zelda game and Metroid looks like two fun games!

Yeah I know. I been watching youtube videos of people playing and it certainly looks like it's more interactive than just sitting there using a standard controller. With the nunchuck attachment you get to do other things by moving it around with your thumb and arms...and it's wireless. Gonna be stocking up on stocking stuffers to go along with it.

SuperSwede
August 7th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I bet that you cannot wait until christmas to play around with the Wii... :D