PDA

View Full Version : Avengers

Robert
June 4th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Now this was a pretty awesome super-hero movie!

But the British accent the Thor employed was laughable. Even my Swedish accent sounds more British than that...

The movie was definitely a good couple of hours of pure fun. Recommended.

Tig
June 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I like most of the recent comic/super hero movies, but this one didn't work too well for me. To me, it fell short of the hype so many people generated. I came into it with no expectations other than is should be good. The slower story and character building scenes were without much spark, except for Downey's excellent Tony Stark portrayal.

The action scenes should have blown me away, but I've been so saturated with mass destructive CGI movies, it lost it's impact. I kept waiting for Capt America's super cheesy wig to fly off at any moment. At least Scarlett Johansson saved the day with her hotness.

sunvalleylaw
June 4th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I, on the other hand, really liked it. I thought the slower story and character building scenes made it way better than just walking in and being overwhelmed by excess CGI from the beginning. EDIT: I have not seen many of the more recent superhero or CGI type films, so this one had some novelty for me too. END EDIT>

I didn't place what the Thor actor was trying to do with accent. Why would a viking god have a brit accent anyways? :D

piebaldpython
June 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
We liked Avengers too for the same reasons that SVL pointed out. Yeah, Thor's "accent" kind of amused me to. So, I said that to my wife and she said....."Who cares about his accent, he's cute to look at"......which of course will be my reasoning when watching a hot babe in a movie!!

The Thor guy though just locked up a starring role in every Brit-themed movie from King Arthur times to the present. The accent is perfect and he's built and he knows how to do the physical stuff. He could star in one of those Renaissance Faire things that they have in certain parts of the country (Lancaster PA being closest to me).

Spudman
June 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I didn't place what the Thor actor was trying to do with accent. Why would a viking god have a brit accent anyways? :D

The Vikings repeatedly invaded England for hundreds of years.:socool

markb
June 5th, 2012, 05:03 PM
The Vikings repeatedly invaded England for hundreds of years.:socool

Last time was right here in 1949 :D

http://prints.paphotos.com/uk_historical_re-enactment_the_vikings_broadstairs_1949/print/1336553.html

Commodore 64
June 7th, 2012, 12:21 PM
The technoviking has a GERMAN accent, I'll bet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwsntHcWiy4