PDA

View Full Version : The weather where you are today . . .

sunvalleylaw
June 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Here, it is snowing in June. :cool:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/IMG_0689.jpg

Tig
June 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Wow, June snow. :thwap
It is 95F with 41% humidity here. I'm already tired of the heat!

sunvalleylaw
June 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I would rather have a cool mountain storm front than relentless heat. It will be nicer tomorrow, though still a bit cool for waterskiing as I had wanted to do this weekend.

Robert
June 9th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Wow, that's what elevation gets you huh? What altitude are you at, SVL?

sunvalleylaw
June 9th, 2012, 07:50 PM
We are just over mile high at about 5434 feet. (or 1656.283 meters according to the online converter I used) It is pretty now with snow on the hills and broken puffy clouds with some sun. Cold though.

Bookkeeper's Son
June 9th, 2012, 08:24 PM
It looks like it's snowing here, but it's the fuzz from the cottonwood trees.

Spudman
June 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I'll trade you some of our wind for your snow...above 5,500 feet. :socool I got hailed on riding home today, and I thought you lived in Hailey. I guess we either need to change our town's name to Hailey or maybe Windycrappycoldweathericanlivewithout. :D

sunvalleylaw
June 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
nah. not trading you for your wind. that is one thing in Pokey I can do without. we get our own hail thank you very much. :). I like it tucked up here in the hills. no snake river plain for me! ;)

deeaa
June 9th, 2012, 10:55 PM
60-66F here, partially cloudy but dry, nice weather for working outdoors, which I did all day yesterday. Fell a big tree and chopped it up and carried it inside, made four huge 'plank blanks' over 6 feet long from the midsection with the chainsaw; will let it dry out for a year and build an outdoor picnic table from them. Also helped the kid to build his tree house, planted a few trees and bushes, and the wife painted a couple of doors...repaired the jetty some and mowed the grass on both cottage and home yards, plus some smaller jobs. Then we grilled and bathed in the barrel, and in the evening trimmed some trees and tidied up the yard more.

sunvalleylaw
June 9th, 2012, 11:11 PM
That sounds like perfect yard work and bike ride weather!

guitarhack
June 10th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Partly sunny, 86 and humid here in Kentucky. . . typical summer weather for the Ohio Valley.

R_of_G
June 10th, 2012, 09:24 AM
It is 95F with 41% humidity here. I'm already tired of the heat!

Not much different here.

The forecast from June to September in Tampa can easily be templated into "Hot and humid, with periods of really really hot and humid and brutally f'n hot and humid, combined with a high percentage of short-duration biblically heavy rain typically during peak traffic hours."

Algonquin
June 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
28 degree's Celcius here in the Great White North!

sunvalleylaw
June 10th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Happy June you all! I think I need to learn this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gMeYU7IMk&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB75BE207D2DA6B6A

FrankenFretter
June 10th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Sunny and around 62 here at the moment. And Ron's right, the cottonwood fluff is EVERYWHERE!