PDA

View Full Version : Rush - Clockwork Angels

Tig
June 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Just 2 listens, and Clockwork Angels is living up to my expectations for the most part. Some of the vocal melodies feel a bit repetitive throughout the album, but this release is well crafted and produced. There is plenty of variety with a few familiar textures and riff styles. There's even some new ground explored along the way. A must have for any Rush fan.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FQxoVrNsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Robert
June 11th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Cool! I just watched a Geddy Lee interview tonight on the Canada channel. :) Yeah, we only have one channel up here.

Good interview - what an amazing band. Apparently, they often get asked why they didn't do all that "bad stuff" all the other bands were/are doing. They just seem to focus on the music and not get that stardom thing go to their heads.

NWBasser
June 12th, 2012, 11:41 AM
So far I've only heard Headlong Flight which is a serious treat for any bass player.

Likely be getting the album on Dad's Day.

Robert, I thought there were two networks in Canada, although we only get CBC here. That's where I get my Rick Mercer fix.

Robert
June 12th, 2012, 11:50 AM
robert, i thought there were two networks in canada, although we only get cbc here. That's where i get my rick mercer fix.

:D :socool :french :dude :D :bootyshake

t_ross33
June 12th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Picked up my copy today, along with the "Live in Cleveland" DVD from last year's Time Machine Tour. Getting my RUSH on and gearing up to see them in September at Credit Union Centre in Saskatoon (bought the VIP ticket package :dude). Can't wait!!!!

I "discovered" RUSH around the time of Moving Pictures, although Signals was the first album that I really sunk my teeth into. My ear seems to be trained towards that particular period, so I have to give new material a few listens before it really grows on me, even though I'm confident it will.

BTW, the drum solo on the Live in Cleveland DVD is absolutely SICK!! The Professor gets better with age and each solo seems to build on the previous. I would like to see/hear a mash-up of all the live solos from "All the World's a Stage" through to the present in succession.

Robert
June 14th, 2012, 05:09 PM
What a killer band.

Tig
June 14th, 2012, 06:07 PM
So after a few more listens, the album has settled in well. It is a little better than Snakes and Arrows, which puts it at the top of their recent (3rd in my mind) era.

NWBasser
June 16th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Rush has been my favorite band since about 1980 or so.

Hopefully will get CA tomorrow.

I've heard Headlong Flight and really dig it a lot and am pretty excited about the rest of it.