PDA

View Full Version : Gibson ES 125 in the local paper . . . should I check it out?

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM
supposedly an early '60's model for $650. I don't have $650 and don't know what I would sell to get that sum, but somehow I am tempted.

See fourth listing here: http://www.mtexpress.com/classads/wednesday/510.htm

on the plus side, seems a good price (if it is in good condition), and I would want a jazz box some day. Price seems too good to be true. Negative side, I don't have $650 spending money any time soon, and would like a bridge pickup too. Hmm. Could just be self torture. Still . . . what's the harm in inquiring? :thwap

Sada Yairi
June 13th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I don't have $650 and don't know what I would sell to get that sum, but somehow I am tempted.
Could just be self torture. Still . . . what's the harm in inquiring? :thwap

Famous last words...

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2012, 10:52 PM
There are a lot of amateur musicians in the area. I bet someone has called on it already. I may resist calling just because it is not practical for me to buy, unless I was going to try and flip it based on the online prices I have seen. But I could use my time better than that i bet.

Katastrophe
June 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Buy it! That guitar and your Fender amph would sound glorious!

sunvalleylaw
June 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I bet it would. I called on it, left a voicemail after hearing a greeting left by a younger guy voice, and never heard back. Must have been gone by the time I called (day after the paper came out).