PDA

View Full Version : Kasey Anderson Starts "Live Honkies Collection" Downloads - Name Your Price

R_of_G
June 23rd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Seems Kasey is always looking for more ways to give his fans opportunities to hear his music. Last night he began a "Live Honkies Collection" making Honkies' shows available for download with a "name your price" system, beginning at $0.00, by the way.

I'll let him tell it...

From www.kaseyanderson.com

Hi. We’re pretty excited to give you Live Honkies, an ever-expanding collection of “official bootlegs,” culled from Honkies shows and sessions. The first four volumes, Live at Maryhill Amphitheater, Live at KEXP, Live at The Triple Door, and Live at Twangfest are all available now exclusively from The Honkies Store. As we will be on tour all summer and fall with Counting Crows, Jason Isbell, and other friends, we’ll be adding a new volumes to the collection as often as we can, with the hope being that we’ll be able to make as many of the Honkies’ shows available as possible. Each track will be available individually, and as part of the complete show. Both individual tracks and complete shows will be name-your-own price (starting at $0.00). Three of these shows (Maryhill, KEXP, and Triple Door) have been available previously, but I remixed and remastered them, so these versions are, if not better, at least louder. (And that’s all that really matters, right?)

If you can’t make a show this summer, here’s your chance to hear the Honkies live. If you can make a show, consider this a “digital keepsake?” Is that a thing? I hope not. Consider it something better than that. Okay, that’s all.

Thanks for listening,
Kasey Anderson

I had the first volume (prev. released as "Live Honkies") and the KEXP set, but immediately purchased the other two as soon as they came online. The Honkies aren't coming anywhere near me for the summer tour so this is the closest I'll get to hearing them live this summer.

FYI, the Twangfest show features a guest appearance from Jeff Spencer of Son Volt. He joins the Honkies for a cover of Dylan's "Outlaw Blues."

The page to listen to/purchase the shows is here...

http://www.kaseyanderson.com/the-live-honkies-collection

Tig
June 23rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
:cool: Cool!
thx

R_of_G
June 23rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
:cool: Cool!
thx

I figured if nobody else, at least you and Tio Kimo would be interested.

Tig
June 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
I paid them $7. A dollar for each song, which is much better than what iTunes or Amazon would pay them. I feel the need to keep such a cool artist and music distribution channel going.