PDA

View Full Version : MXR Dyna Comp

Justaguyin_nc
December 17th, 2006, 12:54 AM
I just replaced my DOD Compressor with a used MXR Dyna Comp and I'm quite content.. is it just me or does this compressor make your sound thicker? I also noticed I lost some noise the DOD had put into the mix..although I liked the DOD, this will replace it.. Just two knobs and a great feeling while its on.. I have the output around 2:00 and sensitivity around 10:00 and this does add to the sustain with a very slight color of its own.. not only can you hear the difference..you can feel it.

ShortBuSX
June 15th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Just picked one of these up today for only $65...IM diggin it so far but am still in the test drive phase.

Anybody else got one of these? Any suggestions on where to start or prefernces?

ShortBuSX
June 16th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I think Ive got it right where I want it now...both knobs around 12 o'clock.
IVe read a couple reviews of this pedal and think "transparent" is a fitting discription. And Id go a little further and say it adds that David Gilmore kinda crispness to the picking end of your tone...very clean and clear. Cleans up a trebble-y OD nicely...and adds to the mids and lows kinda Clapton-ish.

Also comes with 2 rubber foot knobs that can be put on or taken off, for easy tweaking with your feet while playing...Id really like to score more of those!

Spudman
June 16th, 2007, 12:41 PM
The Dyna Comp was the very first effect that I ever owned. I kept it on my pedal board for 15 years and then sold it to a friend. This little red box did more for my sound than anything I've ever owned.

Kudos on your purchase. It will treat you well.

ShortBuSX
June 16th, 2007, 12:42 PM
So whyd you get rid of it???

Spudman
June 16th, 2007, 01:12 PM
So whyd you get rid of it???

He was a great guitarist and very good friend. I played for his wedding and he played my rig for a couple of songs and liked the pedal so it became a wedding gift.

Justaguyin_nc
June 16th, 2007, 01:14 PM
So why has it not been replaced in your lineup?

Spudman
June 16th, 2007, 05:10 PM
So why has it not been replaced in your lineup?

I do have a vintage Ibanez CP9 that wasn't vintage when I bought it, but I never use it. I have found that I can get what I want and the dynamics that appeal to me with out using a compressor. It may have been a crutch and I didn't realize it all the time I was using it. Now I just don't need one I guess.

tot_Ou_tard
June 17th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I kept it on my pedal board for 15 years and then sold it to a friend.

He was a great guitarist and very good friend. I played for his wedding and he played my rig for a couple of songs and liked the pedal so it became a wedding gift.

Ahem, Spudly.

Gift = Give away for *FREE*. :D:p:D

Spudman
June 17th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Ahem, Spudly.

Gift = Give away for *FREE*. :D:p:D

If he would have paid us more for playing the wedding it might have been free.;)