PDA

View Full Version : Yep, I'm new

Cosovo
June 29th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Hey all, I'm relatively new to playing guitar, getting into buying some more gear and things now. Looking forward to involving you all in my journey! Thanks for having me.

Spudman
June 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Hi and welcome.

What kind of music are you into? What gear do you have? We're pretty good at helping folks spend their money. :agree

Robert
June 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Welcome!

Where are you from?

Lots of gear talkers and gear buyers here of course!

Tig
June 29th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Welcome to The Fret! :wave:
There is plenty of useful information here, so dig in. The Beginners and Newbies section alone will be helpful.
http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay.php/50-Beginners-amp-Newbies

FrankenFretter
July 1st, 2012, 11:50 AM
Welcome aboard!

davewrites
July 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
Welcome. I'm fairly new to the forum. This is a good group.

My hook is I'm learning music theory from scratch after 20 years of guitar noodling. To be honest, I wasn't even good with tablature. I used to learn songs the stupid/old-fashioned way by watching, listening and trial-and-error.

But why grind it out and rely on memory when you can use these amazing cheat sheets encoded with clever lines and dots?

I also hope to learn more about composition and how music really works.

Spudman
July 1st, 2012, 02:03 PM
I also hope to learn more about composition and how music really works.

When you figure that out, let me know.:D

Cosovo
July 2nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Wow, thanks for the great welcome everyone!

Hi and welcome.

What kind of music are you into? What gear do you have? We're pretty good at helping folks spend their money. :agree

Hi Spud, I'm looking at amp cabinets right now. I've found a product I'm considering, I'd love for you guys to check it out and give me your opinions! You all have more knowledge/experience than I do, I'm sure. I met these guys through a coworker, and it seems like they have a pretty solid product, but like I said I really have limited experience. What do you guys think? link: http://www.fundable.com/arachnid-amp-cabs-usa