PDA

View Full Version : Steel block for my Road Worn Strat

Robert
July 30th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hmm, I had a steel block left over in a box from way back. I figured it would be a perfect upgrade to my Road Worn Strat's stock zinc block. I took the whole thing apart, only to discover the spacing is different... the screws on the block don't match up with the holes in the bridge - arrgh. Annoying.

I looked at http://www.callahamguitars.com/blocks.htm#block_chart and it seems the Road Worn uses the 2 7/32 string spacing as the old strats did.

So it seems this would work http://www.guitarfetish.com/USA-2-732-Spaced-SOLID-STEEL-Tremolo-Upgrade-Block_p_774.html

I'd hope I don't order the wrong thing (which I have done before... :( )!

Hampus
July 31st, 2012, 03:32 AM
Good luck with it! I can't reassure you but I can at least comfort you by telling you that you are not alone. I'm a master of ordering/buying the wrong things :what:

Commodore 64
August 1st, 2012, 11:03 AM
Me too, I'm always ordering the wrong stuff.

Robert
August 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
I ordered it from GuitarFetish today! :)

Tig
August 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM
I ordered a brass block from them for my Squier CV 50's and it did improve the sustain. The string and mounting spacings all lined up, but the block's trem hole is off from the trem unit enough that I'll have to machine it a bit to line up. I'll do this if I ever remember to!

Spudman
August 1st, 2012, 08:53 PM
I ordered a brass block from them for my Squier CV 50's and it did improve the sustain. The string and mounting spacings all lined up, but the block's trem hole is off from the trem unit enough that I'll have to machine it a bit to line up. I'll do this if I ever remember to!

Which model did you order? Just for future reference.:notme

Tig
August 1st, 2012, 10:23 PM
Which model did you order? Just for future reference.:notme

I doubt I have any invoice for it. I'll look.

Robert
August 13th, 2012, 03:30 PM
FAIL.

The steel block I ordered did NOT fit. I am having a FIT however.... :( :) :D