PDA

View Full Version : New Years GAS thanks to Peavey

Lev
December 19th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Check this out, Peavey and Joe Satriani are brining out an all tube 5W mini combo in 2007. If it sounds anything like the description is could be a real winner. Not sure what the price would be but I hope it'll be similar to the Valve Jnr given that they'll be in direct competition.

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116592/number/00590670/cat/61/begin/1/JSX%3F+Mini+Colossal.cfm

Tinky-Winky
December 19th, 2006, 04:46 AM
This seems like a higher specification version of the one that will be launched soon:
http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116552/number/00585110/cat/308/begin/1/ValveKing%AE+Royal+8.cfm

Robert
December 19th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Yeah, that seems like a winner, on paper at least. I already want one. Are they available yet?

tot_Ou_tard
December 19th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I'm hoping that other amp makers get into the act this year.

VOX we're looking your way!

A 5-watt class A tube golden age!

Jimi75
December 19th, 2006, 08:53 AM
New years gas? Hey we still have christmas in front of us - my GAS is still called "24.12.06 gas".

Yesterday, I told my wife that if she really wants to surprise me, she shall go and buy me a Mesa Boogie F-50 or either a THD Univalve. It took me all of my courage, but I was so direct that I printed out the address of a store near where we live that has both of the products, plus I gave her a test review of both amps!

She looked at me, but did not say much. This could have been a "we will see, maybe baby!" or even a "are you crazy?!? What have you been smoking the whole day?"

I am a little ashamed and astonished about my own courage, but hey, maybe Santa brings me one of the above products this year :-)

By the way, the Peavey Amp looks awsome! Promisses a lot!

Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2006, 09:08 AM
New years gas? Hey we still have christmas in front of us - my GAS is still called "24.12.06 gas".

Yesterday, I told my wife that if she really wants to surprise me, she shall go and buy me a Mesa Boogie F-50 or either a THD Univalve. It took me all of my courage, but I was so direct that I printed out the address of a store near where we live that has both of the products, plus I gave her a test review of both amps!

She looked at me, but did not say much. This could have been a "we will see, maybe baby!" or even a "are you crazy?!? What have you been smoking the whole day?"

I am a little ashamed and astonished about my own courage, but hey, maybe Santa brings me one of the above products this year :-)

By the way, the Peavey Amp looks awsome! Promisses a lot!

Don't be surprised. You never know what your wife will do given the options. Sometimes that's all it takes. Here's hoping for your amp. :)

SuperSwede
December 19th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Wow.. Satriani isnt the first artist I think about when talking about small wattage tube amps, but it looks like a really nice amp.

Justaguyin_nc
December 19th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I have been waiting on the royal 8 to be released for some time.. I think I mentioned it awhile back... darn peavey making us wait.. it could bust a GASket I just like the looks of it... hopefully.. the sound too.. will be looking forward to user reviews..

Leonidas
December 19th, 2006, 10:35 PM
man that valveking royal 8 looks NICE! Looks like it was good that I held off buying the valve Jr. Might be some more choices in the "little" valve amp category. :)

Lev
January 2nd, 2007, 05:45 AM
Looks like Peavey have slapped a $599 price tag on the Mini Colossal whereas the Royal 8 with similar specs is $249!!
Crazy - an extra $350 for a celebrity endorsed product. Somehow I doubt it's costing Peavey over twice as much to manufacture the Mini Colossal :mad:

tot_Ou_tard
January 2nd, 2007, 06:42 AM
Looks like Peavey have slapped a $599 price tag on the Mini Colossal whereas the Royal 8 with similar specs is $249!!
Crazy - an extra $350 for a celebrity endorsed product. Somehow I doubt it's costing Peavey over twice as much to manufacture the Mini Colossal :mad:
The Royal 8 can be had at 8th Street Music for US $199

http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=41865&Category=Guitar_Amplifiers

I couldn't find the Mini Colossal for sale yet.

marnold
January 2nd, 2007, 12:05 PM
It'll be interested to see if anyone gets both amphs and tears them apart to see what the difference really is.

ZoSo65
January 2nd, 2007, 05:41 PM
I think the Mini Colossal is a bit more different then the R8, besides the celebrity endorsement ;)
But, it still remains to be seen, until the two are compared with each other with actual usage,,heh