PDA

View Full Version : Here's my new band

Robert
August 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM
This was our first gig 1.5 weeks ago. It was for a friend's wedding.

We only had 1 band rehearsal, so it wasn't all perfect... but hey "it's only rock'n roll but I like it"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHwiEFWkCdw&feature=player_embedded#!

Tig
August 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Nice montage! Experienced musicians can sound good with only one rehearsal.
HNBD!

helliott
August 7th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Sweet. Wish you hadn't cut off your only solo though. Have to go to the glovebox site to hear it. Sounds good, good groove. Love fiddlehead bass and the bass player's semi-Flea action. Good for a smile and great for shows. Are you using the blonde amp in back or the shadowy black stuff off to the side? Love the space and air on that stage. I wish more of our venues had that instead of the sardine squeeze thing happening.

Hope you have as many great gigs in future as you want. Keep us posted, eh?

tjcurtin1
August 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Hey, sounds great! Clearly a collection of very strong musicians all around, which must be nice for you as a member. You've got everything covered it seems - strong vocals and harmonies and great playing. Good luck going forward!

Katastrophe
August 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Nice! I dig the song selection. For one rehearsal, y'all are playing together well, and the crowd sounds like they are getting into the show. Cool stuff!

duhvoodooman
August 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
You guys sound great!! A little less caffeine for the bass player, though.... ;)

Glacies
August 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Awesome Robert! You guys sound great!

Algonquin
August 9th, 2012, 08:59 AM
You guys sound great!! A little less caffeine for the bass player, though.... ;) :rollover

It was a gig for friends, so understandable!
Congrats on the new band!
Cheers :beer:
David

Brian Krashpad
August 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Cool! Neat stage, songs well played/sung, and audience getting into it. Break a leg, you don't need any luck.

Robert
August 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Thank guys. I just put up the band website, and yesterday, we had TWO inquiries for gigs. Crazy.

It's fun to play with these boys. Next 2 gigs are next Fri and Sat - one fundraiser gig for our daugther's Operation Groundswell (http://www.operationgroundswell.com) trip, and the other an anniversary for a Boston Pizza owner (we're playing at his Boston Pizza venure).