Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/fender/avts/

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/fender/avts/

No, and not like I'd need one, but being born in '62, a pool bottom aqua '62 re-issue sure looks fun!! :p

Tim
December 19th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Don't you just love these GAS teasers just before Christmas. I thought the Looper would hold me until my birthday in March. Life is tough.

Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2006, 10:06 AM
No, and not like I'd need one, but being born in '62, a pool bottom aqua '62 re-issue sure looks fun!! :p

Alright someone older than me! ('63)

Yeah the aquas are candy. I guess I could stand another rosewood necked Strat in that color. But I really want a 50s Strat. I don't mind the smaller neck radius....although I wouldn't mind having a guitar like yours either. ;) Or one of the Japanese reissues that 6S9Ls got.

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2006, 10:25 AM

Yeah the aquas are candy. I guess I could stand another rosewood necked Strat in that color. But I really want a 50s Strat. I don't mind the smaller neck radius....although I wouldn't mind having a guitar like yours either. ;) Or one of the Japanese reissues that 6S9Ls got.

You should really just get my strat since a good used one is around. ;) If I got an aqua, I would be compelled to learn a bunch of the Dogtown and Z-Boys soundtrack, due to the outlaw, pool-riding theme, and the cool soundtrack. :DR

Really though, my next purchase is the amp (probably going to be the Peavey C-30, to go along with some pedals I hope to get for Christmas), and then maybe a '51. Have to wait til after Christmas for all of it though.

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2006, 10:26 AM

P.S., that is late '62 for me, October to be precise. :p

Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2006, 10:33 AM
You should really just get my strat since a good used one is around. ;) If I got an aqua, I would be compelled to learn a bunch of the Dogtown and Z-Boys soundtrack, due to the outlaw, pool-riding theme, and the cool soundtrack. :DR

Really though, my next purchase is the amp (probably going to be the Peavey C-30, to go along with some pedals I hope to get for Christmas), and then maybe a '51. Have to wait til after Christmas for all of it though.

..T
DOG
..W
..N

Z-Boys! Hell yeah dude are you a Skater!? I used to rip it up on my Powell Peralta Double Beamer back in my younger days! Used to cruise Santa Monica all the time with my cousins and even got to meet Stacy Peralta. Dogtown Rulez!

sunvalleylaw
December 19th, 2006, 10:52 AM
..T
DOG
..W
..N

Z-Boys! Hell yeah dude are you a Skater!? I used to rip it up on my Powell Peralta Double Beamer back in my younger days! Used to cruise Santa Monica all the time with my cousins and even got to meet Stacy Peralta. Dogtown Rulez!

Ok, this is way off topic, I'll PM, or start a new Open Mic thread. But the short answer is yes, I read the Dogtown articles, built a board in woodshop out of oak (Logan Earth Ski rip-off), mounted some tracker mid-trucks and blue Kryptonics and side walk surfed all over the place. (still have that old board, put some new big blue Kryptos on it so I can ride it over to the P.O. Box and on errands around town. :) ) No empty pools in Tacoma so no vert riding, just "bert" turns on hills and cruising, jumping off curbs etc. Rolled my ankle trying to learn some roll ins to the local skate park a year or two ago. Not giving up yet, but that is a tale for another thread. Also, I owned an Alfa as Peralta is portrayed as owning in the fictional Dogtown movie!

EDIT: LMAOROF, you got me with that Avatar!!

Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah I'm king of off topic...even on my own threads. LMAO

Trackers and Kryptonics (the chartruese ones) sure bring back all those memories.....we'll talk about it in PM.

Ok back on the subject....lets see if any members have experience with the Wildwoods. Great lookin' guitars and nitro finished......ahhhhhhhhhh.