PDA

View Full Version : Hiatt New CD update - this is a Hiatt classic! Links to listen -

tjcurtin1
August 22nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
I've listened to this cd 5 straight rounds in my car player - every time it came back to the beginning I had to hear it again. I think that this is going to prove to be one of Hiatt's top albums of his catalog. It's got all the best of Hiatt - great writing (hardly a throw away line or rhyme ), terrific melodies and unexpected melodic twists, range of styles - country, , rock, blues, ballads, great guitar and strong production - Hiatt and the band firing on all cylinders. I didn't mention in the earlier posts that there is great bass playing on this cd as well - wonder who it is?

Anyways, it's up for pre-sale at Amazon, and you can preview all the songs and get a taste!

http://www.amazon.com/Mystic-Pinball-John-Hiatt/dp/B008SVS3FC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345685544&sr=8-1&keywords=john+hiatt+mystic+pinball

Robert
August 22nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Wow that does sound really great. I think he is maybe finally back in great form? The last few albums have been so-so. Master of Disaster was the last really good one, I thought.

tjcurtin1
September 1st, 2012, 03:46 PM
OK, it's officially not just me. I gave my brother my preview copy of the new Hiatt cd for the ride up to Maine. He got back today and said he let it run through three times the first time in the player and must have listened to it another 6 times during the week. He thinks it is one of Hiatt's best ever, too. Do check it out if you are a fan of Hiatt, good songwriting or great guitar playing.

player
September 4th, 2012, 09:08 PM
not into John but after listening - could be,interesting would be an understatement.