PDA

View Full Version : Fender clone Tweed Vibrolux Custom Boutique

Jipes
August 24th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Hello dear friends I just want to share with you my joy of becoming the proud owner of a new custom amp made by Denis Manlay in France. We discussed at length the great musicality of true Vibrato and the possibility of getting it on a small amp to play in clubs and small audience.

We came to the Tweed Vibrolux scheme and Denis started to assemble the parts choosen together. For those which are not familliar with this model it's a all tube Fender vintage machine one single channel, delivering 10W power through a 10' speaker

Here are the parts that we choose:

Switchcraft inputs
Alpha pots
Carling swithches
Orange Drop condensers
Mercury Magnetics transformers
10' Weber speaker
Ampeg Tolex and Ampeg Grillcloth

The result is quite stunning here are few pics

http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/09/04/06/82/dsc_0814.jpg

http://denispicking.free.fr/00perso/vib.jpg

A recent video of my band and me playing through the Blues Box :AOK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4BGQMIHIeE&feature=share&list=UU0Fx1Zb1T5rx6EPo2ZR8egA

marnold
August 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I like the faux carbon fiber look. What tubes are in it? Dare I ask how much it set you back?

Jipes
August 24th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I like the faux carbon fiber look. What tubes are in it? Dare I ask how much it set you back?

The Ampeg style is really looking gorgeous and nicely dark blue. It contains 2 6v6GT a rectifier tube 5Y3 and 2 12AX7. The overall project cost me 1200 euros

guitarhack
August 24th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Beautifully done amp.

Jipes
August 24th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks Guitarhack !

Tig
August 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Magnifique! That's a sweet amp.
I also dig the groove you and the band were playing.

Jipes
August 25th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Magnifique! That's a sweet amp.
I also dig the groove you and the band were playing.
Thank you Man, the tune is Down in Hollywood of the great Ry Cooder, hard to duplicate in a trio format but we're having fun !

kidsmoke
August 25th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Nice Job on the spec's for your amp Jipes! I talked to a guy who builds clones, I want a P2P Deluxe Reverb. I had the same thought about the Ampeg cloth. I've got an original and thought that a brand new amp with that fabric would be stunning. I was right! Funny that 50 yr old amp cloth could beconsidered Carbon Fiber, but you're right Marnold!

Enjoy!

Jipes
August 25th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks a lot Tio, indeed I have an old DR silverface from 1976 and these are killer amps, unfortunately mine is still in 127V so I had to carry each time a huge transformer and that makes the whole thing heavy. Now with the new one it's cool and easy :thumbsup

tjcurtin1
August 25th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Either that amp is really light weight, or you have incredibly stiff couch cushions!:) Looks and sounds great! And I love that Cooder tune - makes me smile every time I hear it.

Jipes
August 26th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Believe me it's really a light amp compare to my old Deluxe Reverb, it's more close to my Laney LC-15. Thanks for your nice comment on the music Ry Cooder is really among my favorites artist