PDA

View Full Version : Won Bonnie Raitt tix!

sunvalleylaw
August 29th, 2012, 11:11 AM
for tomorrow night's show in the SV Pavilion! She is joined by Mavis Staples. I had wanted to take my wife, but the inside seats sold out, and you could only get seats to sit on the lawn and watch a vid screen. I wasn't paying for that!

But the local radio station gave some away if you could name the original artist for the song that Bonnie covers on her new album. "Right Down the Line" I personally hate that song and think there is a lot better music on the new album. But I came up with the answer and scored the tix! Sweet! :thumbsup

Spudman
August 29th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cool man! Must have been the Luck of the Draw.:rollover

NWBasser
August 29th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Tix seems to imply plural. Just one though?

At any rate, Bonnie is way cool and that should be an awesome show.

sunvalleylaw
August 29th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Two tickets for the show is what I meant. Enough for me and my wife. Should be good! Bonnie is a long time fav of my wife. We have seen her a few times. I have heard good things about Ms. Staples, and the guitarist she is touring with, and am excited to see her too.

kidsmoke
August 29th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Bonnie is Fantastic, and Mavis is a legend and yeah, her guitarist is sick. Great tone with a super simple rig. That's a great show.

NWBasser
August 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Two tickets for the show is what I meant. Enough for me and my wife. Should be good! Bonnie is a long time fav of my wife. We have seen her a few times. I have heard good things about Ms. Staples, and the guitarist she is touring with, and am excited to see her too.

Doh! Just reread it and it makes sense to me now.

The first go at it was that thought you won tix, but couldn't take the wife. I just read it all wrong.

Tig
August 29th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Cool!
Her recent album, Slipstream, is pretty good. This reminds me that I need to listen to it tonight.