PDA

View Full Version : Whoa!

Cranium
December 20th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I never thought it was possible, but today I literally drooled on my guitar, some people talked about drooling but I never thought they were serious (just so you guys know by literally I mean it actually happened).
Has anyone drooled on his or her guitar while playing or even just looking at it? (Im being serious here) :eek:

Justaguyin_nc
December 20th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I've sneezed on mine..have yet to drool.... Ummm what was ya doing to forget to smallow? :) I guess it would depend on how much drool to effect the finish...

oldguy
December 20th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I don't think I ever have...but...if you were that zoned in on your playing you must have been in a good place. I applaud anyone who can get so lost in the music.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
December 20th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah , i've suffered the embarassment of guitar drooling , but i sought a fix and bought a vintage Glen Cambell drool cup , it attaches around the neck and sits just slightly under the chin , holds about a pint , of course it led to drool cup gas and i recently purchased a Jimmy Page drool cup its the Alister Crowley model and is kept in place by two leather straps that go over the forehead and down the back of the neck , it holds 2 pints and is silver plated .6S9L

Robert
December 20th, 2006, 04:36 PM
LMAO:DR :D :DR :D

Yeah, that has become a serious problem, this drooling business! However, I get it mostly while looking at other guitars, so I either leave a drool puddle in the store, or on my keyboard, if I'm looking online.

Plank_Spanker
December 20th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I've never drooled on mine, but they all have seen their fair torrent of sweat - I sweat like a horse on gigs....:D

Katastrophe
December 20th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah , i've suffered the embarassment of guitar drooling , but i sought a fix and bought a vintage Glen Cambell drool cup...

Good call with the Glenn Campbell model. Stay away from the Judas Priest version... all black leather and spikes, it could cause injury, and try explaining THAT to your buddies...

Yep, I've fallen victim to unexpected guitar drool. What's worse is when you are playing a song, and really trying not to screw up a part and a sneeze comes.

Spudman
December 20th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Ya, I've done that but I'm alright either after she is off the dance floor or the drugs wear off.
I still bleed a lot on my guitars. I'm not sure why that is but I keep finding blood on my guitar after a gig...and feathers...and hair...it's very confusing.

You don't have to spend a lot on those GC drool cups if you go with an import. They work just as well and it's no big deal if somebody steals it.

oldguy
December 20th, 2006, 08:07 PM
The last time I drooled (lately) was over the Raveonettes.
There's something about a 6 ft. blond lady that can sing perfect harmony and still play the.... oh, never mind.. is it you or is it just me???:D :D :D