PDA

View Full Version : FS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Strat

duhvoodooman
August 30th, 2012, 01:29 PM
** SOLD**

I decided that I really wanted to try one of THESE (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/20713-NGD-Guitar-Fetish-Xaviere-XV890HH), and since I have a "one in, one out" deal with the wife, something else has to go. Since I own three Strats, and two of them have maple necks, I decided it would be this Classic Vibe '50s Strat in LPB. I bought this used off eBay last November, and installed a custom pickguard from Warmoth (the original white one will be included) and a push-pull pot to be able to put the bridge pickup in series with either or both of the other two (my favorite S-S-S pickup switching mod!). FYI, these go for $355 new, and obviously that's without the snazzy aftermarket p/g and souped-up switching. And they don't offer this cool color anymore, either.

"In the interest of full disclosure", there is one gouge about 3/4" x 1/8" through the finish along the bottom edge, but it's not visible looking straight on, and I camouflaged it with some LPB touch-up paint from Guitar ReRanch (you can have that, too). The guitar plays very well and sounds super--the Squier CV guitars are really amazing values, which is why I own four of them...soon to be reduced to three, since you KNOW you want this!! Price: $215 + FedEx ground shipping, ConUS destinations only, PayPal payment required. No case or gig bag, but I'll pack the living **** out of it. PM if interested.

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/CV50s_Strat/cv_50s_strat_full2.jpg http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/CV50s_Strat/cv_50s_strat_body.jpg

Spudman
August 30th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Killer price on a great guitar. I was playing mine yesterday...and I still love it.

sunvalleylaw
August 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM
That's a nice rig. If I needed a strat, I would be grabbing that. I love that color too.

kidsmoke
August 30th, 2012, 03:27 PM
pretty awesome cosmetics too. dig the pickguard.

ok I'm well aware of the press the CV series gets. Tell me the details on the 50's strat.
Pickups?
Neck?

I have a 97 Am.Std. on loan from a neighbor (4 years now...) that's never caught my attention. comfy body, but the sound is meh, and the pots are poor. How might this compare to that?

Robert
August 30th, 2012, 03:35 PM
What size are the frets? I like jumbo frets.

duhvoodooman
August 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Here are the specs from Fender:

Body: Alder
Body Shape: Stratocaster®
Neck: Maple
Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
Number of Frets: 21
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
Position Inlays: Black Dot
Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
Neck Material: Maple
Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt
Pickup Configuration: S/S/S
Bridge Pickup: Custom Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat® Bridge Pickup
Middle Pickup: Custom Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat® Middle Pickup
Neck Pickup: Custom Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat® Neck Pickup
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade (pos. 2 & 4 hum-cancelling)
Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
Hardware: Chrome
Bridge: Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
String Nut: Synthetic Bone
Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Tuning Machines
Switch Tip: Aged White Switch Tip
Tremolo Arm/Handle: Vintage Style Tremolo Arm
Unique Features: Aged White Knobs, Pickup Covers and Switch Tip, Black Dot Position Inlays, Vintage Styling, Synthetic Bone Nut

The electronics on this guitar are very solid, and the pickups are excellent--far from the cheap ones that generally come on less expensive guitars. The scuttlebutt is that these are essentially Tonerider pickups made for Squier/Fender, but with plastic insulation on the wiring instead of cloth. Very chimey & articulate, archetypal Strat tone.

duhvoodooman
August 31st, 2012, 01:27 PM
SOLD!! Thanks for looking....

Robert
August 31st, 2012, 02:21 PM
Who is the lucky winner! :D

I would have bought it if you were in Canada.

duhvoodooman
August 31st, 2012, 02:34 PM
A guy over in the other forum I moderate....

kidsmoke
August 31st, 2012, 03:32 PM
I was snoozin'

duhvoodooman
August 31st, 2012, 04:53 PM
If you be snoozin', then you be losin'.... ;)

player
August 31st, 2012, 08:32 PM
yesterday no have.today different story. oh well.

Tone2TheBone
September 7th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Bob I can't keep up with your sales either! :thwap :)